Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Do need help editing text files?

As a result of the CIA World Book project I decided to start, I'm going to need to write a bunch of jflex scripts. Would anyone like me to make one?

What is jflex, you might ask? flex stands for fast lexical analyzer. One of the things you can do with it is automate the editing of a text file. In my case I have 2 sets of 251 html files. Each set will need identical editing on all 251 files. Rather than editing each file and performing the same actions 251 times, I will write a jflex script to automate the process.

It wouldn't be very much trouble to write an extra script while I'm in the mood. If you'd like one for your project, please let me know.

P.S. It would be best of you had at least some experience with the command line, especially if you run Linux or MacOS.

P.P.S. I can also write a flex script for C.

P.P.P.S If you have only one file, it would take less time for you to edit it manually than for me to write a script.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
It's nice to be able work on all files at once, a sort of 'grep'.

However, my text editior, Textpad 4, allows me to load all 251 .html files at once and search and replace with RegEx across ALL .html files. I can get up to 500-600 loaded at a time and if there are more then can repeat with the remaining .htmls.

It even allows macros, so the really repetitive stuff can be recorded and used over and over until done.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I prefer jflex because I can edit one file to make it pretty, and then replicate that formatting across all files. Plus, if I set up a jflex script today, I can use it next week or next month.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

The attached file is a before and after example. It is one of the flag pages from the Fact Book.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample.zip (47.7 KB, 267 views)