Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Who was it who told me that there was Firefox Addon

That would force a new tab to be opened up each time you clicked a new bookmark.

I have downloaded every addon I could find with regard to tabs, and still no joy. That's the one thing that I really miss about Maxthon .... the ability to set and forget opening new tabs. I don't want the page I am viewing to be completely replaced when I click on a link or a bookmark .... I want there to be a new tab opened up.

That has to be possible .... right?????
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
What I do is to left click on the link and select "Open Link in New Tab". No add-on needed.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Not FF add-ons but I have a couple of options.

1) If you press the CTRL button when you click, it will open the link in a new tab.
2) On my windows laptop, if I push both touchpad buttons at the same time to click the link, it opens in a new tab. You might have to program them to act in this manner.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
What I do is to left click on the link and select "Open Link in New Tab". No add-on needed.
Do you mean right-click? (Or do you have your mouse configured "backwards"?)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Clicking the middle mouse button (or scroll-wheel) on a link will open the link in a new tab too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Do you mean right-click? (Or do you have your mouse configured "backwards"?)
You are right, I intended to say right.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #7
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
That would force a new tab to be opened up each time you clicked a new bookmark.

I have downloaded every addon I could find with regard to tabs, and still no joy. That's the one thing that I really miss about Maxthon .... the ability to set and forget opening new tabs. I don't want the page I am viewing to be completely replaced when I click on a link or a bookmark .... I want there to be a new tab opened up.

That has to be possible .... right?????
That was me, it is possible, and here is the version for FF 2.x
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122
and here is the version for FF 3.x
http://tmp.garyr.net/

Once installed go to the add-on options, then Events > Tab Opening > Open tabs from > and select all cases in which you want a new tab to be opened. It has lots of other features too, you can set tabs to open in the background or foreground, assign custom clicking actions (I like doubleclick to close a tab, for instance), alter appearance of tabs and more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tab feast.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	16543  

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-25-2008 at 02:05 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
That was me, it is possible, and here is the version for FF 2.x
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122
and here is the version for FF 3.x
http://tmp.garyr.net/
Once installed go to the add-on options, then Events > Tab Opening > Open tabs from > and select all cases in which you want a new tab to be opened. It has lots of other features too, you can set tabs to open in the background or foreground, assign custom clicking actions (I like doubleclick to close a tab, for instance), alter appearance of tabs and more.
Thanks!!!
I knew it out there somewhere!!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote