Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Bigger Font Display for CyBook Gen3

Someone asked in another place about how big the display font could be made on the CyBook. With the built-in fonts, the answer is that the height of a capital letter has a maximum of about 6mm.

I wondered whether it might be possible to display bigger fonts using a tweak font. It turns out that the answer to that is that it is possible.

So, here I attach a big version "BigLiberation Serif" of the open source Liberation Serif 1.04 font. I've included in the archive the original Liberation Serif font, and all its open source licences, along with a brief note on BigLiberation, which naturally is also covered by the same licences.

If anyone's interested in experimenting with larger font sizes, just install the four "BigLiberation" font files in the Fonts folder of your CyBook Gen3. The font should then become available from the Font Family dialog accessed from the main menu available when reading a Mobipocket book.

The biggest font now has a cap height of nearly 12mm. The font size selection dialog also doesn't quite fit on the screen, bit it works OK.

Paul
Attached Files
File Type: zip BigLiberationFont.zip (738.2 KB, 326 views)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Huh, I tried to do the same thing too once. How did you do it?
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I used the open source font forge program to open the Liberation Font files and then scale all the glyphs by 200%, while leaving everything else the same except for the font names.

I actually expected that I'd get overlapping characters, and that I have to find a percentage that worked, or tweak some other parameters, but it turnd out to work OK on the Gen3.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
Huh, I tried to do the same thing too once. How did you do it?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote