Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #106
Leir
Enthusiast
Leir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Leir: One the home screen, pull up the search bar (magnifier icon), and enter ;dm there. You should end up with an all_logs_<dates>.txt file in the documents folder. Compress & attach it here .
You mean like on the computer?
Leir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #107
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Love love this hack, thank you! I'm just using the regular version, not the cover option.

Question: how does the overflow folder work? When I add new screensaver pngs to the Kindle, should I drop them in the screensaver or overflow folder? I had about 110 pngs in the folder, but after a restart, everything 87 and above went into overflow. Would love some guidance. thanks!
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #108
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Leir: The ;dm stuff is done on the Kindle, of course . It will create a file in the Kindle's documents folder. Retrieve that file next time you plug your Kindle to your computer, then compress & attach it to a post here .

@sparrowlight: Put your new stuff in the screensavers folder. Once the hack has found 100 suitable screensavers, everything extra will be moved to the overflow folder. (The only time the overflow folder is used as a 'source' for the active pool is in random mode).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-06-2012 at 11:01 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #109
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
@sparrowlight: Put your new stuff in the screensavers folder. Once the hack found 100 suitable screensavers, everything extra will be moved to the overflow folder.
Cool, thanks! So will it cause issues if I delete a file I no longer want from the overflow folder?

I've used screensaver hacks on the K2 which didn't have this, and the simple screensaver hack on the KT that was limited to 100 pngs, so this is new territory for me.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #110
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@sparrowlight: Nope, none at all. (Unless you use the random mode, and would still like those extra files to have a chance to get into the '100' club of the active rotation ).
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #111
sparrowlight
Zealot

Ha, ok. So just to make sure I understand, will the overflow folder be used once all 100 in the main screensavers folder have cycled through? I'm not using the random mode, btw.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #112
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@sparrowlight: In that case, nope, never. (Don't delete the *folder* though, the content, you can do whatever you want with, it's yours, but Bad Things (TM) will happen if you just kill the folder ).
Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #113
sparrowlight
Zealot

Quote:
@sparrowlight: In that case, nope, never. (Don't delete the *folder* though, the content, you can do whatever you want with, it's yours, but Bad Things (TM) will happen if you just kill the folder ).
OK. So the overflow just holds spares. Nothing in it will be displayed. Roger. Thanks for walking me through it all. Very much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #114
DevilCat666
DevilCat666 began at the beginning.

Device: PW
Guys, I know I'm doing something stupid and I need someone to tell me what it is!
I have my PW jailbroken, the python & screen saver hack installed.

In the linkss folder I have a blank file 'cover' . However, I still get the standard kindle screensavers (that live in the backups folder). Even when I place my own png in the screensavers folder, still the default kindle ss appear.

I know I'm close, just not sure what I've done wrong! Appreciate any advice.
DevilCat666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #115
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I think you have to open a book first.... try that..
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #116
DevilCat666

thanks, but yes I had tried that. I noticed in cover_cache I have cover_B003JTHBVU.png that is one of my book covers, but not the one I opened.
I've also noticed on a restart that my 'recent' order books are not correct. My current reading book is on the 2nd page.

Maybe I'll uninstall and try again...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #117
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@DevilCat666: Did you happen to empty the screensavers folder while enabling the cover mode?

There might be a slight logic hole in this case, my bad ^^.

As for the other thing, the date & time need to be set correctly on your device for this to work properly. That's why the sort by date (recent) is broken, and you have an unrelated cover in the cache.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #118
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released a small update, v0.3.N.

* Should fix (one of) DevilCat666's issue.

* Implement 7hir7een's feature request in a more accessible manner (drop a blank stretch file in the linkss folder to forgo preserving the aspect ratio when in cover mode).
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #119
Leir
Enthusiast
Leir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@NiJuLe Hope that this will be useful to you
Attached Files
File Type: rar kindle system logs.rar (348.1 KB, 308 views)
Leir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #120
DevilCat666

Wow, that's impressive. Still think I'm being a dunce somewhere along the line.
As a test last night I rolled back the python and screensaver hack and just tried the SS hack, adding my own images to the screensaver folder and all was good.

I'll try the whole process from the beginning tonight

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch