Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
judahis
Enthusiast
judahis is on a distinguished road

read ms word .doc documents without conversion

I keep looking for an e-reader that will read MS Word files (.doc) without conversion to .txt or .rtf. I have hundreds of such files and have not been able to find an affordable batch conversion process for converting to .rtf (for my Jetbook). I know about Pocketbooks. Just found out about Pandigital but seems they are cheap and not good technical support. Other suggestions?
judahis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Any Android tablet (or rooted reader) can read .doc files with several apps.

Better yet, Softmaker Office is coming "real-soon-now" to android; it is a full MS Office clone that works very well on PDAs so there is every reason the expect the android version to be useful and offer a full desktop-level experience for Word, excel, and powerpoint files

In addition to the Pocketbooks, the Hanlin V3s and V5s can also handle .doc files to one extent or another.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
same topic a few posts down https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144208
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
read .doc files, read ms word files