Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
braddles
braddles began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
How to load books in Australia

Hi all. Purchased my 505 last year in the US and brought it home to Aus expecting to be able to load books easily. I am a numpty and have had no success at all.

Under 'About' it says the book is running version 1.1.00.18040 and that it isn't authorised for the ebook store.

What do I need to do to make the downloading/purchasing process simpler?

Cheers

Braddles
braddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by braddles View Post
Hi all. Purchased my 505 last year in the US and brought it home to Aus expecting to be able to load books easily. I am a numpty and have had no success at all.

Under 'About' it says the book is running version 1.1.00.18040 and that it isn't authorised for the ebook store.

What do I need to do to make the downloading/purchasing process simpler?

Cheers

Braddles
As a fellow Oz PRS505 owner for the last 2 years(nearly ) Here's a few tips.
1. You don't need to use the Sony store at all unless you want to get the freebies in which case you register with a valid US address from google maps and your reader will authorise itself to the Sony store.
2. If you don't want to use the Sony Store you can just install Adobe Digital Editions and create Adobe account( happens automatically on install). Then you can buy ebooks from Oz ebookstores like readwithoutpaper.com and now Borders Australia's new ebookstore and UK stores like Waterstones and Wh Smiths and many other ebookstores.
My tip for a novice is to forget the Sony store and just install Adobe Digital Editions. When your reader is plugged in with Adobe DE running you can drag your purchased ebooks straight onto the reader.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert