Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #8716
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
A haunting version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" performed by Puddles the Clown.
My favorite version is still Jeff Buckley's

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:35 AM   #8717
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
My favorite composer, Thomas Bergersen, has released a new solo album, Sun. Here's a track that has some sort of a positive and uplifting energy - both in its title and in the music itself.

BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #8718
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:24 AM   #8719
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The US celebrates its Thanksgiving holiday in November. My favorite Thanksgiving-themed song is Jon and Vangelis' Mayflower. People who are familiar with my reading preferences will smile at the halfway point. It's okay -- I do, too.

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #8720
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Song: I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me

I happened upon this song on Regine Velasquez's album "Low Key" (which featured covers songs that I liked) and it is becoming one of my favorites:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #8721
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #8722
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Listening to "Music of the Psychedelic Islamic State" presented by the Republic of Discostan.

https://soundcloud.com/discostan/mus...-islamic-state
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	discostan.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	131333  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #8723
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

She & Him, covering Stay Awhile. I wasn't much impressed by their earlier work -- at least, the stuff I'd heard -- but I like this one.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #8724
cromag

And a little something from Bruce Springsteen (New Jersey's favorite export) to get my mind off the cold outside. Unfortunately, the record label apparently decided to pull the actual video, but the music is still enough to shake some of the chill.

Last edited by cromag; 11-21-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #8725
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Happy Birthday to Dr. John!

covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #8726
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
A nice improv in the Dorian Mode

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #8727
Justin Thyme
Connoisseur
Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Justin Thyme is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
A nice improv in the Dorian Mode

Stitchawl

Wonderfully hypnotic! If I close my eyes I seem to fall into the music.
Justin Thyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #8728
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Listening to songs from "A Shoggoth on the Roof" on YouTube

*The Chrome spell checker knows when I've misspelled "Shoggoth".
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #8729
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Here are a couple of covers by the "Harp Twins", Camille and Kennerly Kitt. I hope you enjoy them.

"Scarborough Fair" (traditional English ballad)

"Fear of the Dark" by Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:11 AM   #8730
cromag

Another Train, by the Poozies. One of those songs that I just need to listen to every once in a while.

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)