Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #16
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1959 View Post
Will the vox display pdfs in landscape mode?

I imagine then there would be just scrolling down rather than across the page..?
Yes for the first question.
Maybe for the second one... I'm not sure i understand the question.

I should do a video of all this, but I don't want to use my laptop webcam and use the vox backward ...
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #17
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
Yes for the first question.
Maybe for the second one... I'm not sure i understand the question.

I should do a video of all this, but I don't want to use my laptop webcam and use the vox backward ...
Oh I was just wondering if you have to scroll when reading a pdf?
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #18
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1959 View Post
Oh I was just wondering if you have to scroll when reading a pdf?
depend how much you zoom I suppose.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
It's in the Android Market only. Ditto EZPDF Reader. Perfect Viewer with the PDF plugin works fine though. Google RookieStudio. It's free, too.

Also, smaller PDF files look good in 7" if they're not meant for A4 sizes.
So how would i get it on my vox then?
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #20
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
You can download PerfectViewer and the PDF plugin directly from the developers' site for free:

https://sites.google.com/site/rookiestudio/

Download the APK files on there, and make sure you've checked 'Install Non-Market Applications' in Settings->Applications. Run the installer for PerfectViewer and the PDF Reader Plugin, and you're done.
Haesslich is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #21
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks great app will use that lots for sure!
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #22
Zabet
Zabet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Not sure if I am doing something wrong, I tried using perfectviewer but everytime I open a pdf file I can only get one page. If I try to click to the next page it takes me to the file manager settings. I have tried changing the mode and the touch screen functions but I keep getting the same thing.
Zabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #23
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you load the PDF from the Bookshelf mode or the File Manager mode? And for the touch screen functions, are you sure you've set up "Go to Next Page" and "Go to Previous Page"? It really sounds like a setting issue, since at the very least it should be dragging you to the file browser if you've read the end of the file (and have set it up to do so).
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #24
Zabet

I have tried loading from both. It keeps crashing and then upon re-opening I get the error "PerfectViewer is abnormal end in last running. Stopped load last file."
Old 11-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #25
Haesslich
Fanatic

You did install 1.7.0.2 first before the PDF viewer? I got both from the dev's site without isdue. What PDF were you loading, how big is it, and where did you get it? I'd submit a bug report, if I was you. Was it password protected or Adobe DRM?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #26
Zabet

Yes, I did. Loading non drm magazine files. I can open them fine on Aldiko but it lags when zooming and I was hoping to find a better viewer.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
Haesslich
Fanatic

I have no issues with 80mb PDF files formatted for 11x17". Can you tell me where you got one? Tried emailing the dev?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #28
Andrew Eisen
Andrew Eisen began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
the color books/cookbooks/travel guides that come with the device are pdf's. they load a bit slowly, but they do display very nicely. both tap and pinch zooming works well on it. you should be able to import your own pdf's into the kobo app (will try that later), but if not, you should be able to find another reader that can handle them in the app store (will also check this later.)
Have tried several different PDF Apps and so far I am not able to view any PDF files - very disappointed

Andrew
Andrew Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #29
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I fooled around with both repligo and perfect viewer with pdf plugin. My prime interest in pdf is reading scanned books found at archive.org. Both tools have their merits and both seem to work pretty well. I am slightly inclined toward Repligo at this moment.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #30
Haesslich
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I fooled around with both repligo and perfect viewer with pdf plugin. My prime interest in pdf is reading scanned books found at archive.org. Both tools have their merits and both seem to work pretty well. I am slightly inclined toward Repligo at this moment.
Repligo and ezPDF Reader Pro are better PDF viewers - but you have to buy them, which you can't do with most of the app stores available to the Kobo Vox. Perfectviewer with the PDF plugin is versatile, and free - and can be gotten directly from the developer, whereas the other two options require more effort.