Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Free SF/Fantasy: September 2010 Webscription Gift Thread

I'm going to buy the September 2010 Baen webscription package shortly. When I do, I'll be able to also give it as a gift to anyone who hasn't already registered at the webscription web site.

If you are already a webscription customer, this offer does not apply to you.

The September webscription consists of seven complete multi-format ebooks of Science fiction and Fantasy from Baen Books:

What Distant Deeps by David Drake
Ragnarok by Patrick A Vanner
The High Crusade by Poul Anderson
1635: The Dreeson Incident by Eric Flint and Viginia DeMarce
The Vokosigan Companion edited by Lillian Stewart Carl and John Helfers
Seeker's Bane by P. C. Hodgell
Generation Warriors by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Moon

Since September 2010 has come and gone, all seven books are available for immediate download once you receive your gift.

The great thing about this offer is that the person who receives the gift can also gift the webscription to another person when they redeem their coupon.

INSTRUCTIONS
Post a comment in this thread, stating that you'd like to get this webscription package when you sign up at webscription.net. Do not sign up at webscription.net yet.

I will edit this message, adding people to the list below. Once you see your username on the list, send a private message with your email address (needed for the gift webscription process) to the person above you in the list.

I will buy the webscription month and use the email address I've received for the gift webscription. That person will receive an email from the webscriptions website, giving them a code to redeem their gift.
Once they have the redeem code, they use the email addresss sent to them by the next person on the list when redeeming their gift.
And so on....

I'll try to keep track of things by editing this message and in private messages with participants. We can usually manage several gift months before things break down, usually through over-zealous spam filters.

Short Instructions: Add a comment. Wait until your username appears on the list below. Send your email address to the person above you on the list.

Gift chain so far:
  1. pdurrant: Complete.
  2. Loosheesh: Complete
  3. Canuck_in_Japan: Complete
  4. Andreiuta: Complete
  5. speedlever: Complete
  6. IcecreamLtDan: Complete
  7. travger: Complete
  8. koland: Complete
  9. domlou: Complete
  10. Ivy: Complete.
  11. NightGeometry: Complete
  12. Animus2.0: Has gift code from NightGeometry. Waiting to see if anyone else wants to join in.

(Free ebooks with retail price of $150* complete so far. )

* at $15 per webscription.

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-04-2011 at 11:11 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I'll give it a go this time around; please add my name, thank you
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Umm... Okay.

I've never tried this before, and I don't have a webscription account (though I do have an account which was created when I bought a book from them; does that matter?).

But, hey, let's give it a shot. Count me in.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I'd be in for that.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
I've never tried this before, and I don't have a webscription account (though I do have an account which was created when I bought a book from them; does that matter?).
If you've bought an ebook from webscription.net then you'll have opened an account there - that is, you can log in there with your email address and password, in order to re-download your purchased ebook.

Webscription gift codes are intended to introduce new people to webscription.net, and so can't be sent to email addresses belonging to existing accounts.
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

The chain has started. Loosheesh should now have the gift code from me.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
So long afa has another email address to use to receive the code, he can get in on the deal (and can use the code on his existing account, just not receive it at that email address).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I have sent my email to Loosheesh. Don't know if I should post this or not-I don't want to clutter up this thread needlessly.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I have sent my email to Loosheesh. Don't know if I should post this or not-I don't want to clutter up this thread needlessly.
I've found that the more information posted in the thread the better. That way, if something goes astray, it's easier to find out where and how to fix it.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
So long afa has another email address to use to receive the code, he can get in on the deal (and can use the code on his existing account, just not receive it at that email address).
While true, I'm reluctant to use the gift certificate chain in this way. Baen give away an enormous number of free books one way or another. I'd rather respect the intention of this offer (to introduce new people to webscription.net) rather than do clever manoeuvres to get around the limitations imposed.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'm not sure Baen is overly concerned about it (or they would not let you use the code on an existing account, rather than the one it was sent to). But, getting new people to find the place is definitely a worthy goal.

I think I have at least two of the books on this particular one, already.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'll give it a try. Thank you.
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreiuta View Post
I'll give it a try. Thank you.
OK, you're on the list. Send your email address to Canuk_in_Japan.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #14
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
OK, you're on the list. Send your email address to Canuk_in_Japan.
I've sent my E-mail addressed. Thank you.
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I'm game. I know nothing about this webscription deal either. I have some books from the Baen free library. Does that mean I have an account?
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote