Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #1681
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@looki: If you sort your Home screen by 'Collections', it will only show you collections, and books currently *out* of a collection. Keep in mind that you lose the sorting, though. (It'll be sorted by last access time, like the 'Recent' sort option).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-16-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #1682
looki
looki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'M such a noob. MAN u are great. thank you so much for your answer. You made my day into a beautiful symphony of happiness.
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #1683
cmcanulty
cmcanulty began at the beginning.

Device: none
patch error

When I try to load the patch in plugins I get this error
calibre, version 0.8.38
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in u'/home/cmcanulty/Documents/eBookReader/kcoll_touch_tweaks-v9.patch.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 306, in add_plugin
plugin = add_plugin(path)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 339, in add_plugin
plugin = load_plugin(path_to_zip_file)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 54, in load_plugin
return loader.load(path_to_zip_file)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 160, in load
plugin_name = self._locate_code(zf, path_to_zip_file)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 255, in _locate_code
% path_to_zip_file)
InvalidPlugin: The plugin in u'/home/cmcanulty/Documents/eBookReader/kcoll_touch_tweaks-v9.patch.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file
Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #1684
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@cmcanulty: There's a full plugin attached for this very reason. The patch is attached for the developers, NOT to be used as a plugin, because, well, it isn't, it's a diff ;D

In a more general note: Don't blindly play with file extensions you don't know. You managed to gunzip the patch (or at the very least it was gunzipped by your browser), then zip it again.... o_O.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-17-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #1685
_reader
_reader doesn't litter_reader doesn't litter

Device: K3, KPW
Calibre - Device - Collections column

Missing entries in Calibre Device display of Collections column

I used "Edit Kindle collections manually..." to create multiple collections for about 100 books on my K3; performed restart successfully with K3 properly displaying created collections in collections display mode.

When K3 reconnected to pc with Calibre in Device listing mode, only twenty of so entries display the collection name in the Collections column; remainder are blank when the other 80 or so should have a collection name.

If I pull up "Edit Kindle collections manually..." again, all the appropriate collection information is there.

I'm using the latest Calibre version / plugin.

Am I missing something, or might this be a discrepancy?

Clearly, this is minor, as the important feature is the collection creation on the device (Kindle).
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #1686
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@_reader: Don't trust/use the 'Collections' columns in Calibre's device view. It doesn't/can't easily support half of what would be needed to handle every type of Kindle collections entries. (That's why there's an import feature in the plugin).
Old 08-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #1687
fishwithsticks
fishwithsticks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Got a question. Until there is an update to this plug-in that lets AZ3 files sort on my Kindle (non-touch edition), is there an easy way (ANY way, really) to sort books that are AZ3 into collections without losing what sorting I've already done for non-AZ3 books?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #1688
Niedzielan
Niedzielan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
When I'm manually editing the Kindle collections, if I use the arrow keys to navigate the selection, and space-bar to add a book to the collection. It ticks the box, but doesn't add the book to the collection. Using the mouse works, as does pressing the + button on the side, but it'd be useful if we could use the space-bar.

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #1689
splitloop
splitloop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
Unhappy After using the plugin books don't come to the top after reading

my books are organised by collections, and in collections they are organised by most recent. So now most resent read books dont come up to the top, but remain in the middle of a collection or even go to the end. Tried 30-sec. restart, didn't help. :
Old 09-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #1690
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@splitloop - you need to change your sort order on your Kindle. Sort by "Title", not by "Collections". And use a special prefix character like ~ or _ in your colection name, so that the collections are all listed first. See the first post of the thread for more details.

ummm... on second thought and re-reading your post - are you saying you *don't* want the sort order to stay constant with collections at the top?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #1691
splitloop

I do want to have collections at the top and other books should be rotated by most recent. I've just tried changing the sort order to "by title", but recent books yet don't go to the top. Tried "by most recent" as well - and no effect either..
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #1692
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You can't have both (at least on a K3 last time I checked).

Wht you may want to do (what I do as do others) is have a special collection that sits at the very top by giving it a different prefix. Add the book(s) you are currently reading inside that.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #1693
splitloop

Thank you! I've understood the system, works great!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #1694
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
hi,

i tried your exact example following the instructions and receive
calibre, version 0.8.67ERROR: Kindle Collections: Unable to update font files.<P>
several times. any ideas?
thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #1695
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Hi Meme

Not sure if this is a problem, a feature by Amazon or something is just plain wrong with my Kindle.

I updated to 3.4 today for the K3 Keyboard (3G) and purchased some Kindle books, now I usually add them to a collection and if they are part of a series I rename them to have 01, 02 etc at the beginning of the names.

Before the upgrade the books would rename and go into the collection fine, plus the book would remain as downloaded in the "Archived Items" section.

Since the upgrade books come down in AZW3 format and no longer go into a collection instead just sit on the home screen. The renamed books do not rename and if I then convert the book to a MOBI file and send it to Kindle then it does go into the collection and stays renamed but the archived items show the book as not downloaded.

Any idea why the books are not working with collections since 3.4?
Thanks
Closed Thread