Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
dhazel
dhazel began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Unhappy connects but does not show the books that are on my ereader

calibre generates the following error message when i connect it to Calibre. All of my library is properly displayed but none of the books that are on the reader show in the "on devise" column.

please HELP!!!

[Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'F:\\metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 199, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 246, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 248, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 391, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 389, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'F:\\metadata.calibre'
dhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If F: is your Reader, find the file metadata.calibre and move it off the reader. According to the error, the file should be located in the root of your Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If F: is your Reader, find the file metadata.calibre and move it off the reader. According to the error, the file should be located in the root of your Reader.
Today I had the same problem as the original poster on my T1, so I took your advice and it worked like a charm. Thank you.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote