Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
nogre
nogre is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Kindle 3 Stand, Moleskine Edition

After my previous portable Kindle 3 stand (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112390) I found that I don't like to carry a chopstick around. It pokes me and makes me feel like someone from a Rowling book with poor wand management skills.

I do, however, almost always carry around a small hardcover Moleskine notebook, which got me thinking: Can a such a notebook be turned into a stand?

Happily, yes. Please direct your attention to the attached pictures, though I shall attempt to describe the procedure below.

1. Place your Kindle inside the elastic of the Moleskine such that the elastic is only around the Kindle (the backs of the Moleskine and Kindle should be touching) and the binding of the Moleskine is facing down. Rotate the Moleskine to be perpendicular to the Kindle such that the binding is facing away from the Kindle and the edges of the pages are touching the Kindle. If the elastic is taught, continue to the next step. Otherwise tighten the elastic, as described below, before continuing.

2. Adjust the position of Moleskine such that the elastic crosses the Kindle near the keyboard area.

3. Open the Moleskine cover to have its edge touching the lower, back-middle of the Kindle. It may help to open pages to rest against the middle of the Kindle, not just the cover.

4. Rest the Kindle and Moleskine on a stable surface and make minor adjustments.

Elastic Tightening Procedure:

1. Remove the ribbon page holder.

2. Tie the ribbon to the elastic with the knot near the middle of the Moleskine.

Alternatively, you can loop the elastic around an object, say a pen, which you are likely to have if you are carrying a Moleskine.

The elastic should now be taught when rotating the Moleskine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leftS.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	66804   Click image for larger version

Name:	frontS.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	66805   Click image for larger version

Name:	rightS.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	66806   Click image for larger version

Name:	untiedS.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	66807   Click image for larger version

Name:	knotS.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	66808  

Last edited by nogre; 02-16-2011 at 08:23 PM.
nogre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, stand