Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-15-2023, 06:17 PM   #1
RBEmerson1
Learning Curve Slave
RBEmerson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo Tab P11 Pro (2nd Gen)
Can't Add from Tab P11 Pro

I'm starting a Calibre installation (under Win10) from scratch, and having almost no luck with the process.

I use ReadEra and Moon+ Reader Pro (migrating to ReadEra, preferred over Moon+ Reader). The files are stored in the folder Book, residing on the P11's SD card.

I can place a file (PDF or EPUB) on the P11's Book folder, as hoped for. I can't bring a file into the Calibre library.

The device recognized by Calibre, as well as my Win10 laptop.
RBEmerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 12:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the add books button in calibre, navigate to the folder and select the files you want to add
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:24 AM   #3
RBEmerson1
Learning Curve Slave

I expected those steps to add a document, but exactly nothing happens. Hence the reason for my question.

It's possible that having the files Moon+ and ReadEra use on an SD chip is a problem. Android, post-V5, is very uncooperative about dealing with SD's. The P11 is running V13.

Last edited by RBEmerson1; 12-16-2023 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2023, 03:27 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
copy the files off your android or extract the sd card and use a card reader to ge thte files off them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 05:54 AM   #5
RBEmerson1
Learning Curve Slave

Making a very long story short, that amounts to yanking the entire library off the P11, processing it on my laptop, and re-installing the library afterward. Can't say as I'm loving the prospect of doing it, but I guess the P11's refusal to add to the library on the laptop leaves me with no other option. Sigh....