Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Striegel
Striegel began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook mini
Send to device filename

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, just bought me a BeBook mini and i'm really liking it!
I'm also still new to Calibre but also liking this! But having a little problem saving my ebooks to the reader.

I would like to save my ebooks to the device in the form:

{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} - {title}

whenever there is a series of books,

and in the form:

{authors}/{title}

when no series info is available.

With only the first save-string, the series folder is skipped if no series is available, however the series_index always shows up as '00 -' in front of the title. Is there a way to make the saving of the series_index optional on the existance of a series?
Striegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I second this!
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striegel View Post
Is there a way to make the saving of the series_index optional on the existance of a series?
No. I asked a similar question and Kovid said there was no way to make these optional or dependent upon the absence or presence of content. You can change the string and save out those with no series_index first, then change it back and save out the rest.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Striegel

Whoa guys,

You're fast on this forum!
Thanks for your quick replies.

It's a pitty this functionallity is not possible, but I can live with it, I already stated in my
question that I consider it a little problem.
In order to not constantly change the settings of Calibre, I'm new to e-reading, still building up my library.., I now change the filenames using the windows explorer. Its just a little extra work..
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striegel View Post
Whoa guys,

You're fast on this forum!
Thanks for your quick replies.

It's a pitty this functionallity is not possible, but I can live with it, I already stated in my
question that I consider it a little problem.
In order to not constantly change the settings of Calibre, I'm new to e-reading, still building up my library.., I now change the filenames using the windows explorer. Its just a little extra work..
Just switch your Save template depending on if you save a series or a non-series.
I takes 2 "Save" operations, but it is worth it
BTW I put series first as I read book that have different authors writing in a "Universe". I also file non-series authors under an Last name initial so the first level is not so cluttered (there is still 70+ items on my first layer)
Examples below:
Code:
{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}/{title}
00noseries/{author_sort[0]}_author/{authors}/{title}-{id}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Just switch your Save template depending on if you save a series or a non-series.
I takes 2 "Save" operations, but it is worth it
And once you have the two templates for series and non-series, it's easy to save out your books under the correct template.
In the search bar type:
series:false
to show show all books without a series, while:
series:true
will show all the ones with a series! Just choose the right template.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Striegel

Learned a lot.
Thanks for all your help.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
And once you have the two templates for series and non-series, it's easy to save out your books under the correct template.
In the search bar type:
series:false
to show show all books without a series, while:
series:true
will show all the ones with a series! Just choose the right template.
Ooooo....

Now this is really helpful!
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote