Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Amazon Kindle book -- w/o pictures

I don't know if this topic is appropriate for this forum but I couldn't find a better one.

I downloaded my first eBook from Amazon Kindle Store a couple of days ago. The book is called Merle's Door. It's an excellent book. One thing I found surprising was that it came with no pictures! I've seen the book copy at Borders and it does have pictures. But the eBook edition doesn't. What???

Is it common that when the paper edition of a book has pictures the eBook version usually doesn't? If so, that's mighty disappointing.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
I don't know if this topic is appropriate for this forum but I couldn't find a better one.

I downloaded my first eBook from Amazon Kindle Store a couple of days ago. The book is called Merle's Door. It's an excellent book. One thing I found surprising was that it came with no pictures! I've seen the book copy at Borders and it does have pictures. But the eBook edition doesn't. What???

Is it common that when the paper edition of a book has pictures the eBook version usually doesn't? If so, that's mighty disappointing.

Usually the book is a faithful repro of the paper version.

If you are unhappy with your copy, contact kindle support, and they will delete it and refund your money.

The formatting depends on which company is doing it. Unfortunately, sometimes corners are cut.

Amazon needs to know when a book isn't formatted correctly so they can pull it until its done right.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post

No, this is not common. If this ebook doesn't have pictures, it's becuase the publisher didn't include them. If you are unhappy or feel that the book comes up short, ask for a refund.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I recently bought a book that lost it's pictures on the way to the Kindle.
Very frustrating when publishers treat the Kindle version like the poor cousin of the paperback!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I've had several books with pictures on the Kindle. They are quite capable of including them. I would email support. From what I've seen, they will refund your money.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
layel
layel began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
If that you can call kindle's support and ask them to refund your money
Maybe you can see details of the book summary from Kindle store before you pay for a book.
layel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, should this actually have been moved to E-Book Devices > Amazon Kindle? I didn't read this on a Kindle. I read this on an iPod Touch. As you know, iPod Touch can read Kindle Store material.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
It's in the "Kindle Content" subforum--the content from the store is the same on the Kindle or on the iPhone/iTouch.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
It's in the "Kindle Content" subforum--the content from the store is the same on the Kindle or on the iPhone/iTouch.
Ah okay! The super-forum Ebook Devices was a throw off since the device is obvious not Amazon Kindle, the reader.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #10
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by layel View Post
If that you can call kindle's support and ask them to refund your money
Maybe you can see details of the book summary from Kindle store before you pay for a book.
Layel, thank you for making the suggestion of asking for a refund. I wrote to Amazon and about a day later they refunded me.

By the way, Amazon's ebook and print book details do not always list whether or not there are pictures in the book. I checked the paper copy of the book "Merle's Door" on Amazon and it doesn't list it as having pictures even though I know the paper copy of it does.

Tags
amazon, ebook, kindle, lack of, pictures