Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Sending Books To Device

I'm having trouble understanding how to get calibre to send my book files to the desired location. In the "sending books to devices" dialog box it states that it is possible, but like a dummy i am unable to figure it out! could someone point me to a possible step by step explanation on how do this? Everything is as defaulted currently {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}. I'm not so much concerned as to the format, but rather the location. The variables all seem to be for formatting.

thanks Tom

PS - most of my books are on a micro sd card in a folder named "e-books". i see that calibre is adding my books in the root directory of my device's main memory instead of my micro sd in my device.
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
A callibre templates deal with a single DRIVE at a time.
Send to device has a choice (right click that icon) of Main or additional cards. You can make one the default.

You can add a path (limited to current drive)
Code:
\data\ebooks\{author_sort} - {title}
standard path rules apply. the Red \ says start at the drive root
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #3
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Thank You.
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote