Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-17-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
searcygr
searcygr began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I improve metadata download matches?

I am updating metadata on hundreds of books. I am using sources: Amazon.com, Big Book Search, Google and Open Library.

I am getting a very low percentage of matches. It doesn't seem to match the title and/or author very well at all, even though a simple google search in a browser turns up the correct book/author.

Is there any way via scripts, templates, etc. to improve metadata hits when doing searches? Is there somewhere to put priority on the columns being search such as Author over Title?
searcygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Identifiers will make or break a search.

none : leaves the door wide (Author OR Title(words)
(just plain) wrong: GIGO
exact: only works with the sites that support that one (eg ASIN is Amazon) ISBN is good for most general sources

I like Fantastic Fiction (for fiction, obviously )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@searcygr - try using the Extract ISBN plugin first ===>> Index of plugins

Install it via Preferences->Plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote