Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
JP91306
Connoisseur
JP91306 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Syncronizing Libraries

I have a major library on a laptop machine, and a "copy" of it on a machine I use as a server (which is more or less "always on").

I know how to export/import. Have done, can do.

Is there a simpler way to "synchronize" two libraries...or, even simpler, to just add "new" items from one machine to another without a full export/import. (The Library, right now, is running about 2gigs...so full export/import can be a bit slow.)

The machines are typically connected to the same network, via WiFi, but can actually be connected via Ethernet (hard wire).

I rarely, if ever, add/edit/or remove books from the "server" machine.

Thank you.

jp
JP91306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A caiibre library is just a bunch of folders and files. So, use one of the many Folder & File sync tools ==>> Comparison of file synchronization software - Wikipedia

I use GoodSynch to mirror (one way master to slave) changes to remote server weekly and local usb drive daily.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-27-2018 at 05:24 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote