Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Noobien
Enthusiast
Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Opinions on a case.

I need something to keep my PRS-950 in for when I take it to uni. At the moment, I'm using a case for my netbook and wrapping the reader up in that protective sleeve that it came in. Does anyone know if this case is alright?

http://www.casecrown.com/ebook-reade...eeve-navy-blue

I'm worried that it's going to be too big and that the reader is going to move about while it's in there. I've seen some nice leather covers on eBay and Amazon (I think it was called CoverUp or something), but $40AUD is a bit too much at the moment.

My only other options are to buy a Nook cover or a Kindle 2 cover. Which one is a better fit? Any recommendations?

Noobien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:17 AM   #2
dreadcptflint
Enthusiast
dreadcptflint began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
I use Book Armor for my 950. I have no fear dropping it. Here is the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/BookArmor-Delt.../dp/B003MU7MUQ
dreadcptflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Device: PRS-950
I've got a coverup. It's not bad. The cover sits very securely. Not top quality but it's ok. The outside is leather. A more expensive (but prob better quality) option are the cases from tuffluv: http://tuff-luv.com/e-readers/sony-r...950-cases.html
Alternatively there are some cases from m-edge that are made for the Kindle2 but fit the 950 quite well.. there are threads in this forum with pics/opinions from people that use these.
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950
I have two K2 cases for my 950. They fit the device securely. I'm only using one of them and could be persuaded to part with the other for a reasonable sum. 100% as new condition. PM me if interested.
raac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadcptflint View Post
I use Book Armor for my 950. I have no fear dropping it. Here is the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/BookArmor-Delt.../dp/B003MU7MUQ
I would love to get the Book Armor for the wife's 950 but it is no longer available anywhere that I can find, even directly from the company.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
just a thought....even though the case is showing out of stock -- call Omniscience in FLORIDA directly and they might be able to get you one.

Omniscience Inc
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
USA 33317-1222
Phone:954-584-2949
Fax: 954-316-4841

I asked them about this a couple of months ago and they were able to get another one for me even though it was listed as OUT OF STOCK....

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor950.htm
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Noobien
Enthusiast
Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noobien ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The bookarmor and the tuff-love are still a bit too expensive. The casecrown pouch is only about $20. Anyone used one of them before?
Noobien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
I have the bookarmor case for the 950 and love it. It was considered an investment for a $300 ebook reader.

Whatever cover you choose, it is important to provide protection to the fragile glass screen from pressure or flexing.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
amujee
Connoisseur
amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage (soon, I hope)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobien View Post
The bookarmor and the tuff-love are still a bit too expensive. The casecrown pouch is only about $20. Anyone used one of them before?
I have the casecrown pouch for my galaxy tab and I love it. It's constructed very well and it's not very bulky but it still seems to provide good protection. I emailed casecrown to find out which size pouch I need for the PRS-950 I have on order. The 950 is a tad taller than the tab so I'm not sure if I can reuse the pouch for my tab.
amujee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
I would love to get the Book Armor for the wife's 950 but it is no longer available anywhere that I can find, even directly from the company.
I had a PRS-505 for 2.5 years and used a Book Armor cover from day one. It worked great and I never removed the 505 from the case. I just purchased a PRS-950 and hunted down another Book Armor for it. As everyone here pointed out the cover is out of stock, but I found this BookArmor (tm) Delta 6 Edition High Impact Travel Case for the Velocity Micro Cruz Reader on Amazon. It was the same cover used for the 950 so I bought it and it works great. Unfortunately it was the last one available through Amazon.

The good news is that the company will be coming out with a new line soon.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
davidnelson
davidnelson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
Oberon Design PRS-950 Cover

I love the leather cover I got from Oberon Design for my PRS-950. The URL is:

https://www.oberondesign.com/shop/ca...duct_list&c=67

It says it's for the Kindle2, but it fits the PRS-950 perfectly and does not cover the power or wifi buttons. The reader cannot slip out or get damaged. The design and craftsmanship are works of art. The raised texture of the design allows you to get a firm grip when carrying the reader. The front folds back around for reading. The people are flower children in the northern hills of California who started out making sandals and now enjoy Renaissance fairs. They are very responsive on email.

I'm really not a positive or gushing type of person, so for me to write this glowing of a review, you know the cover has to be good.

- Dave
davidnelson is offline   Reply With Quote