Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 04:43 AM   #1471
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I've got a couple new reviews up...one is a review of the crime novel Cop Hater, the first in the 87th Precinct series:

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/revie...ter-ed-mcbain/

The next is a dystopian book that has quite an interesting concept but I think falls short...perhaps I just wanted more from the world. It's Homeless by Nicolas wilson

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/revie...icolas-wilson/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #1472
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Comment today and be entered to win an ebook from the Velvet Lies series by Andrienne deWolfe or a $5 Amazon GC

http://www.blog.kybunnies.com/how-do...ewolfe-review/
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #1473
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
My latest flash fiction "Auto Mechanic to a young Steve Winwood" (though some might call it micro or nano fiction blame it on Lydia Davis ) posted at my Mansions of the Mind blog:

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...inwood-by.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #1474
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
Ebook experiment, looking for volunteers who work in an indie bookstore

Hi, all! I'm looking for volunteers in an experiment involving a physical means of selling ebooks.

So, do any of you out there happen to work in a forward thinking indie bookstore? Or a used book store, or sell books at a dealer's table at conventions, or work at some other locally-owned physical place that has or could have books on a shelf like a coffee shop, local grocery store, etc... Any place it could make sense to display a book-like-object. I say "locally-owned" meaning a local person can decide to put an item on a shelf, not having to deal with large corporate approval processes. And I say "forward thinking" because some indie/used bookstore owners don't like ebooks at all. This experiment would need a store owner who either likes ebooks, or their only objection to ebooks is because they take sales away from them. This is an experiment about a way to turns ebooks from their enemies into their friends.

I love bookstores, but it's always made me sad that bookstores don't carry a wider selection (older titles, first books of series, etc.), and I love ebooks, so I put some bits of this and that together into an idea I haven't seen before. Now testing it out...

So, if you work in some physical place where books are or could be sold, let me know if you're interested in helping with the experiment! Should be quite interesting.

Thanks!
andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 AM   #1475
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dylan Hilar creates a wordy, but acceptable first entry into the YA fantasy genre. I don't know what the $9.99 price tag will do for the book though.

My review touches on that, as well as pricing yourself too low as well:

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/revie...y-dylan-hiler/
Old 07-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #1476
haseltonmedia
haseltonmedia began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Blogger currently looking for books to review

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for books to review for my site. If you are an author and interested in having your title reviewed, please submit the following to me:

A link to your book on Amazon along with a 400-450 word description of the book. The description needs to be different than the one posted on Amazon. I would also like to only review books with a 3 star rating or higher.

Books should also be available on Kindle Unlimited.

This review is gratis based on your contribution to the blog in the form of the 400-450 word description.

Send your descriptions and links to admin@kindleunlimitedbooks.net
haseltonmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #1477
iamarf
iamarf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi there

I'm based in Italy and Switzerland.

Teaching technologies to k1-12 teachers and to medical school students - doing a lot of online teaching through a blog.

Now managing an initiative to let teachers use a PirateBox to teach in their classroom. I will distribute PirateBoxes customized with a preloaded OPDS library.

Therefore I may need to get information about Calibre.

Thanks
Andreas
iamarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:43 AM   #1478
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

You made a post in this thread and now your post is gone? Then more than likely you've violated our posting guidelines for self-promotion and your post has been deleted.

Posts are deleted for various reasons. Here are the most common reasons:

Image too large
Wrong Shameless thread
Shortened URL
Affiliate Link
Spam

You'll find the posting guidelines for self-promotion right here in this very forum. Here is the link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #1479
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another Flash at Mansions of the Mind:

Seeking Solitude
http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...-solitude.html
Old 08-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #1480
kennyc

New poem posted at Mansions of the Mind

Apple - http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...ary-apple.html
Old 08-08-2014, 05:33 AM   #1481
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm giving away a copy of Peter Watts' new novel Echopraxia.

Unfortunately the giveaway is only open to residents of the US and Canada.

You can enter the giveaway over here.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #1482
kennyc

New Physics post/essay at The Bleeding Edge -

Dark Matters
Old 08-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #1483
kennyc

Ran across an interesting opinion piece at the NYT which brought to mind my "A Death in the Country" essay: http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...n-country.html

the Times piece is about ocean farming:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/op...?smid=go-share
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #1484
kennyc

New poem, hot off the presses on Mansions of the Mind:

Ferguson
Old 08-20-2014, 09:54 AM   #1485
jhempel24
Wizard

I review one of Jack Ketchum's earlier works, Hide and Seek

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/revie...-jack-ketchum/

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing