Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
words with "ll" convert to "l "

I'm converting a fan fiction novel that is written in .pdf *sigh* to epub and every time I convert it, no matter what Calibre settings I use (even checking/unchecking "keep ligatures"), every word with double L in it has the second L replaced with a space.

I have a Kindle, but I'm converting from pdf to epub so I can clean it up before sending to mobi. When I open the epub in Sigil, I notice this and it's everywhere.

Can someone help me out?

since it is a free fanfic, here is a link to the pdf I'm downloading: http://www.speedbumpstudios.com/chapters/JPHEC.pdf

Last edited by chyron8472; 02-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
Can someone help me out?
Try reading this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92340

Per Kovid:
This is not going to be fixed until the new calibre pdf engine is ready. It is a bug in the poppler pdftohtml program calibre uses. The new pdf engine has a replacement for pdftohtml that I wrote that fixes this issue, but until it is ready, there is no fix.

Last edited by Starson17; 02-23-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
Can someone help me out?
Along with the reading Starson17 pointed you to check out the sticky post on PDF conversions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
best short term work-around is to use a different conversion program as per the linked threads. I had this issue a while back & found that most other programs work ok with the ll issue
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote