Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thumbs up Shamelessly (& Endlessly) Promote Your Blog/Website/Review site

Welcome to MobileRead's new "Shamelessly (& Endlessly) Promote Your Blog/Website/Review site" Thread.

Do you have a blog about ebooks? Do you review ebooks at your site? Are you having a contest at your site?

MobileRead has created this thread for Shamelessly (& Endlessly) promoting all that great information. Have fun!

All previously open threads about your ebook reviewing blogs/websites will be closed and new information will now be asked to be posted in MR's new promotion thread.

Your ebook thread(s) will continue to be about your ebook only.

Please use your first post, in this thread, to give a short blurb about your ebook review blog/website and the current new post there. Then, continue to update this thread with new information about your site.

Let's make this thread a one-stop place for MobileRead members to visit and discover what is being featured at your site.

For more information, see: MobileRead's Posting Guidelines and additional Author/Publisher Posting Guidelines.

Questions? Please PM me or dreams and we will do our best to help.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-17-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Author Eyes
Zealot
Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Dr. Drib, thank you for this opportunity!

My blog is called "Shelley Stout's Spiral Noteblog" where I blog about writing, book signings, and the publication process. I also started including some blog guests. My latest one was Karen McQuestion, the first self-published author to be offered a film option!

Here's the link: http://shelleystout.librifiles.com/
Author Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Aww, and I was #2 before

I have a book review site. I review almost exclusively Indie ebooks at this point.

My website: http://gracekrispy.blogspot.com/

My Review Policy: http://gracekrispy.blogspot.com/p/my-review-policy.html

My Ratings: http://gracekrispy.blogspot.com/p/my-ratings_26.html

I review anywhere between 1 to 4 ebooks a week, depending on the size of the book and what's going on in my "real" life. I review pretty much all (fiction) genres with the exception of erotica. Check out my blog for an idea of how I review, and what my reviews look like.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Current giveaway- until Feb 21st only!

http://gracekrispy.blogspot.com/2011...y-of-dark.html

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 02-17-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
Ebook Endeavors covers e-publishing and marketing

(I'll write more when I see if the thread is sticking around this time. *g*)
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Author Eyes View Post
Dr. Drib, thank you for this opportunity!

My blog is called "Shelley Stout's Spiral Noteblog" where I blog about writing, book signings, and the publication process. I also started including some blog guests. My latest one was Karen McQuestion, the first self-published author to be offered a film option!

Here's the link: http://shelleystout.librifiles.com/

You're welcome Shelley.

Dreams and I worked on this equally, coordinating the work and tossing ideas back and forth. Thank you, dreams.

Everyone have fun!

Don
Old 12-31-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWriter View Post
Ebook Endeavors covers e-publishing and marketing

(I'll write more when I see if the thread is sticking around this time. *g*)
This post deserves a "funny bump."

Don
Old 12-31-2010, 06:34 AM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You're welcome Shelley.

Dreams and I worked on this equally, coordinating the work and tossing ideas back and forth. Thank you, dreams.

Everyone have fun!

Don
Thank you, Don and dreams Two of my very favorite moderators (besides my other 3 or 4 favorites.... )
Old 12-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
MosesSiregarIII
Writer, Reader, Conquerer
MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
My blog covers Sci-Fi and Fantasy, publishing and e-publishing, and writing.

Moses and Dionysus Walk Into a Bar ... (ScienceFictionFantasyBooks.net)

I recently posted interviews I've conducted with Michael A. Stackpole, Guy Gavriel Kay, David Farland, and Tracy Hickman. Check the interviews link for those and some others.
MosesSiregarIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up BookBarista.com is open for business!

Hi all,

As you know I write as Dodge Winston. But I've also been working on a new project, BookBarista. Basically this site is a place for writers, readers, and service providers to post their "stuff" for sale or freebies to the public. I/we made the site to create a venue for authors, book sellers, and buyers to be able to advertise their work, network, and have a place to go to that caters to the book community at large.

Since marketing is so tough we made BookBarista to be another option to help get the word out on your book items. We are dedicated to the book community and won't saturate the site with "other" items for sale. This is for book related stuff only.

We hope that you will make the site a favorite and utilize the services to help you get what you need to get out there... out there.

Tell your family, friends, and link to us too. We would really appreciate it. We need your help in growing the site. Without you guys it's nothing.

The site itself will be in flux... meaning we will upgrade things here and there as necessary. We want it to be user friendly.

We don't take any of your profit. You don't need to be a member. And it's FREE to post your items to the site. So won't you come check BookBarista out? Let us know what you think.

Thanks for your patronage and opinions And HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2011 IS HERE!!!

ADDENDUM: Want to advertise on BookBarista? Then please read on.

12.) Besides posting to the site do you offer any other type of advertising program? Yes we do! Currently both advertising programs are FREE of charge. We offer the Supporters page. Visit the homepage and click on "Supporters" on the left side.

Our other advertising program is for the left side or the right side of the homepage (you choose). We will post a single jpg of your book, logo, etc.. You MUST provide us with a link to your chosen pic. Flickr, Photobucket, and images via search engines are examples of good links to provide us with your pic.

Once your jpg and the link has been accepted it will be placed on the BookBarista homepage for 15 days (it will begin the first of the month or the second half of the month, whichever comes first). Pics/ads will be chosen on a first come, first serve basis (space is limited). BookBarista will try to be as fair as possible. We would like a variance of ads, not all the same one's all the time if at all possible.

Disclaimer: We prefer book and reading related ads. We DO NOT guarantee ad placement. We reserve the right to refuse ad space to anyone.

P.S. I wasn't sure if this is the appropriate area to post this. I apologize if it isn't. Please move it if that is necessary.

Last edited by Dodge; 01-01-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Additional info for you:)
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Good luck Dodge!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Good luck Dodge!
Thanks! We need it. Swing on by and post your stuff anytime
Old 12-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Hey, thanks for the link! I'll check it out when I get a chance.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Hey, thanks for the link! I'll check it out when I get a chance.
Thanks, Steven! Hope you like it. We need users to build up the site and advertise their book "stuff"
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #15
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
www.simon-royle.com features:

- Latest Reviews from around the web. Authors and Reviewers invited to post links to their reviews here.

- Author and Reviewer "IndieViews" - In-depth interviews with authors about their books, writing methods and indie publishing.

- The Indie Book and Author Page
A listing of quality indie books and their authors

- The Globally Famous Indie Reviewers List which is a list of reviewers who will accept Indie or self-published books for review

Plus my ideas about the future (it's not all grim) and the occasional promotion of my own work.

Last edited by simonroyle; 01-03-2011 at 02:05 AM.
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing