Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Wanna play a game? Looking for LEAST users online...

This "Game" was inspired by eagle-eyed Wetdogeared's recent discovery and visual record of the 500,000th MobileRead.com post!

The Game
Take a snapshot (image), preferrable appropriately cropped, of the LEAST number of online users (members and guests) displayed at the bottom of the Forums page here at MobileRead.com. That's it! Bragging rights go to the lowest number!

Secondary praise for posts with the least members as well as least guests, but I'm really looking for the least users!
WDE recorded 338 users online (46 members and 292 guests). My post below indicates 262 users online (27 members and 235 guests).

A question was posed about the 'event' that caused the most users online 1-23-2005 and quite unbefitting it was revealed that, at the time of that post, only 246 users were online (6 members and 240 guests)!

So I ask you, how low can you go...

EDIT: Best thus far is 196 users (30 members and 166 guests) per post #32 below.

Hint: If there are more North American users, then European users can try early morning (their time) or if there are more European users, then N.A. users can try late evening... Australian and Asian users can discover their best times too.

p.s. no cheating by the MobileRead.com sysops causing a reboot and then taking a snapshot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Least MR members-NR.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	31471  

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-04-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: tracking the lowest number thus far...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red

249 (27 + 222)
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I haven't done this before (I don't think).... so how do I take a snapshot???
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I haven't done this before (I don't think).... so how do I take a snapshot???
If you're on windows Vista type in 'snipping' in the menu search. You should have a tool come up called Snipping Tool. Launch that, and then...aw hell, I'm crap at this stuff. Here's a link instead

http://lifehacker.com/228885/windows...-snipping-tool
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
If you're on windows Vista type in 'snipping' in the menu search. You should have a tool come up called Snipping Tool. Launch that, and then...aw hell, I'm crap at this stuff. Here's a link instead

http://lifehacker.com/228885/windows...-snipping-tool
Thanks, Moejoe... I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight...
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Testing... testing... I think I got it to work..

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	772
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	31522

262 44+218
Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Testing... testing... I think I got it to work..

Attachment 31522

262 44+218
Yep, that 's it! Couldn't have done better myself... ...really I only got as low as 262 users too!

For WinXP users, it's a bit more involved:
1. position the screen and take a snapshot using Alt-Print Scrn key combination.
2. Using the Windows Paint program under Start > All Programs > Accessories, just Paste your snapshot.
3. Using the Select tool, draw a box around the section of interest from your snapshot
4. Select Cut
5. Select New
6. Select Paste
7. Select Save using a descriptive name and Save as type: JPEG
8. Upload here as an attachment!

or for IrfanView users, Paste, Crop Selection, Save!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
8 am british time is usually a low count time - also the time when there are likely to be no greenies watching us ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Yep, that 's it! Couldn't have done better myself... ...really I only got as low as 262 users too!

For WinXP users, it's a bit more involved:
1. position the screen and take a snapshot using Alt-Print Scrn key combination.
2. Using the Windows Paint program under Start > All Programs > Accessories, just Paste your snapshot.
3. Using the Select tool, draw a box around the section of interest from your snapshot
4. Select Cut
5. Select New
6. Select Paste
7. Select Save using a descriptive name and Save as type: JPEG
8. Upload here as an attachment!

or for IrfanView users, Paste, Crop Selection, Save!
Thanks, but I'm way too lazy!
You'll have to believe me if I say I saw a lower count...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Thanks, but I'm way too lazy!
You'll have to believe me if I say I saw a lower count...
just make up a number and we'll believe you .....
Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
seventyten users
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
seventyten users

looks reasonable ... what spread members and guests .... it's the devil in the detail I'm afraid ....
Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #13
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post

249 (27 + 222)
Can you better this around the same CST and follow it up with a snapshot...
Old 07-03-2009, 01:47 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I love this new "thing" for snipping

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	514
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	31570

244 ... 32 + 212

I blink and another pops up

236 .... 29 + 207

Name:	Capture 236.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	31571

Last edited by dreams; 07-03-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: added new capture
Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #15
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red

222 = 30 + 192
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote