Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
eTess
Enthusiast
eTess began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo Arc and Calibre

I used Calibre successfully with my Vox, but when I tried out my new Arc with Calibre, the software crashed. And kept crashing, every time I started it with the Arc plugged into my computer. I tried restarting my computer, opening Calibre and then plugging in the Arc - same result

I also noticed that when I run the Welcome Wizard that the Arc is not listed as one of the Kobo devices. Is that going to be changed soon? Will they ever work together? I have found a workaround for now, but it's a shame, as I really do like Calibre.

Thanks...
eTess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One option is to use Calibre Companion available via Google Play. See this sticky
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
eTess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One option is to use Calibre Companion available via Google Play. See this sticky
Thanks for the tip - I'll try it and see if it works...
Old 12-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
eTess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTess View Post
Thanks for the tip - I'll try it and see if it works...
Ok - so instead of trying the app, I plugged my Arc in and started Calibre...this time Calibre didn't crash, but decided it couldn't communicate with it. Here is the error log:

calibre, version 0.9.10
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2147942431 facility=7 error_code=31 description: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 167, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 139, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 130, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 33, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 414, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2147942431 facility=7 error_code=31 description: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Now, the message says the device isn't functioning, yet I was able to copy using my the Win 7 library - just copied and pasted...very odd behaviour and I'm still trying to figure out why Calibre worked fine with the Vox, yet seems to have trouble with the Arc!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error communicating with the device. Rebooting both the device and the computer might fix it, otherwise your only other option is to use one of the wireless transfer methods.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote