Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Questions about Dictionary hack

1. How does the dictionary work? Can you be reading a book then pull up and close the dictionary quickly?

2. Do you have to insert and remove an SD card each time you pull up the dictionary?

3. Can this damage my ereader?

4. Which version should I download (link please)?

Thanks.
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
enarchay
Zealot

Anyone?
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
try this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22320

i am about to give it a try too.
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
enarchay
Zealot

Can someone answer my questions? I didn't see those answers in the thread.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post
1. How does the dictionary work? Can you be reading a book then pull up and close the dictionary quickly?
Takes about 20 seconds + entering the word is slow. I keep the SD card with the dictionary in the SD slot. To evoke the dictionary just pop and reinsert the card: the dictionary will automatically run.

Quote:
2. Do you have to insert and remove an SD card each time you pull up the dictionary?
You have to insert the card to pull up the interface. There is no need to pop the card when you are done. Just hit the menu key and the interface will go away.

Quote:
3. Can this damage my ereader?
I don't think so. Leaving the SD in the slot will run your battery down marginally faster. (not noticeably. it might kill a few extra page turns per charge.)

Quote:
4. Which version should I download (link please)?
I would recommend: lisak version

Although it's a pain to try to weed out the useful information, the link given in the previous post also contains instructions on how to place the dictionary file on you reader, (not the SD card), for faster performance. There are also links to other files/versions at the very bottom of the first post in the link above.

hope this helps.

Last edited by Angst; 06-12-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert