Device: Kindle 1 & DX
Quote:
try unregistering and regeistering your nook
It didn't work
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Do a search for 'Nook unable to connect'. I noticed a few threads where others have had this problem but didn't want to cut and paste each link in here.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:30 AM   #5
Sakura
Enthusiast
Sakura began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & DX
Re-registered my nook and was able to get 4-5 book samples before I began getting this error again
My signal strength ( WiFi ) is excellent; and I made sure that I have a default credit card associated with my account.

Last edited by Sakura; 03-27-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Sakura,
Maybe you should check your credit card online and make sure it's still valid.
One of the reasons I sold my nook is the "default credit card" issue. My hubby forgot to make last month's payment to the CC company, and when I tried to open a book I already paid for on my nook, I got an error message (forget what it said) but I could not read any of the books I paid for in the past until I listed a new default credit card. I was sooooo upset. Guess B&N does not really allow you to "own" a book you already paid for. Makes me want to buy dead tree books again!
Pei
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peitsao View Post
Sakura,
One of the reasons I sold my nook is the "default credit card" issue. My hubby forgot to make last month's payment to the CC company, and when I tried to open a book I already paid for on my nook, I got an error message (forget what it said) but I could not read any of the books I paid for in the past until I listed a new default credit card. I was sooooo upset. Guess B&N does not really allow you to "own" a book you already paid for. Makes me want to buy dead tree books again!
Pei
I do not see why you could not read a book you already purchased. The B&N DRM scheme is the same as fictionwise and I know people who have purchased books then changed credit cards and those books were still linked to the old card (they had to know the credit card number to unlock the book). If they wanted to have the new credit card number as the key for unlocking all their books then they had to change their default credit card number and redownload the book.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by peitsao View Post
Sakura,
Pei
At the moment you download the book, the book is encrypted using the current default credit card. So without a credit card the book cannot be encrypted and thus not be downloaded.
You should always backup your books after buying them. Never trust an online site with the only copy of your books.
When a bookstore loses its contract with a publisher or wholesaler your books are gone.
At the moment a lot of people cannot download their books because of the whole agency 5 debacle.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote