Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #21226
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
did you take pix?
No. Unfortunately I didn't know about the garden until we got there. I thought, because of the free tickets we got, that it was just your generic city hotel, and had no idea that it had an inner court yard. I'll go back and shoot it another day, but doubt that I'll eat lunch there again... unless someone gives us more free tickets. I really can't believe that places can charge so much money for so little food! It reminded me of bikini bathing suits; the less material the higher the cost!

EDIT: My wife and I were discussing lunch. We decided that combining our two meals, there wasn't enough content to make one decent sandwich!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 09-22-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #21227
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Found Norton's collar yesterday and put it back on him. Then this morning it was lying in the middle of the living room where Crystal had pulled it off yet again. Maybe I need to soak it in bitter apple. I wonder if it would harm Norton to wear it if I did?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #21228
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I doubt it would harm him. Maybe he needs a smaller collar? Cooper was able to pull Caya's off pretty easily so we got her a smaller size. It fits her comfortably and cooper has not been able to pull it off.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #21229
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
It's pretty tight as it is. Being a pug, he's got a lot of loose flesh in the neck area, and I don't want to put it on too tight. I could to go back to using the harness, but he manages so Houdini out of that without Crystal's help.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #21230
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Staple gun?

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #21231
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Staple gun?

Stitchawl
Duct tape?

Stella removes her collar daily!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #21232
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Mr M loses his collar regularly, but better that than finding him hanging by it somewhere. I deliberately buy collars that are made entirely of elastic material. We take it off at night and when he is having a big brushing, by pulling it straight off. He can't get out of his microchip though.

SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #21233
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I made Felicity's collar using very soft leather, but I sewed in a thin rubber 'O-ring' that can break easily if she gets hung up somehow. The collar is tight enough so that she can't get her paw under it, loose enough so she doesn't feel choked, and fragile enough to break under her own weight. So far... so good.

Stitchawl
Old 09-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #21234
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just ordered some pretty flowering tea. Now I have to wait for it to come from China! Sipping my ordinary (and easy to obtain) Dilmah Jasmine tea whilst I wait.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #21235
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I just ordered some pretty flowering tea. Now I have to wait for it to come from China! Sipping my ordinary (and easy to obtain) Dilmah Jasmine tea whilst I wait.

[snip beautiful pics]
Are they plants or actually something that you drink??
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #21236
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Looks interesting
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #21237
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

It is actually made of tea and some flowers. You drink like normal green tea. Apparently they are good for about 5 infusions with each one tasting slightly different. I will have to get a tall see-through tea glass to enjoy it with.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #21238
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The flowering teas are great.we used them as part of our centerpieces for our wedding reception. You can order them from places like Teavana and Rishi.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #21239
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Are they as delicious as they look? I can hardly wait.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #21240
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Some are. They can be resteeped many times.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness