Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
mersault
mersault began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-950SC
screen replacement

Hello everyone,

Today, I discovered that my 950's screen was broken.
Now, after all therage, I clamed down and I'm trying to find a solution.
One of them is to find a used/refurbished unit in ebay or amazon, which is possible. The second one is try to contact sony customer center, the problem is that I live in South America, and the 950 wasn't released here, so, is very complicated to obtain a new screen. The third one is to buy a screen replacement in some place and replace it by myself, and that is my main question, Do you know where I can find a screen replacement? (It will be better if someone has proven the quality of a determined replacent)
I found this one http://www.mylcdtouchscreen.com/sony...ment_p535.html. Has anyone tried this one?

Many thanks.

Kind regards.
mersault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
It won't work, you have a 950 and the screen is for a 900 - they use different technology... 900 has a resistive touch screen and 950 doesn't, it uses infrared beams across the screen surface... different concept, different electronics, not compatible
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
mersault
mersault began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-950SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
It won't work, you have a 950 and the screen is for a 900 - they use different technology... 900 has a resistive touch screen and 950 doesn't, it uses infrared beams across the screen surface... different concept, different electronics, not compatible
Thanks for the answer.
but, what can I do then?
Anyone knows where I can get a screen replacement?
mersault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only real solution you have is to give Sony a call and see what they can do for you.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Might find used not working 950 reader for sale with good screen. I have found web sites specializing in selling salvaged parts, but have not looked for 950 reader parts.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert