Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #646
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.5.46 - 22 Jul 2012
Correct integration of grangerenchanted.com, hlfiction.net & nha.magical-worlds.us
Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #647
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Hey there! Loving all the new updates and site additions, but I'm having a problem with downloads from grangerenchanted.com. I am using version 1.5.46 and have restarted calibre. Added the appropriate age/login info, etc. Your help in determining if I've done something screwy would be appreciated!

The story is http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...4750&chapter=1

I get the basic "do you want to proceed" dialog with this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFDL1.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	89600   Click image for larger version

Name:	FFDL2.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	89601  
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #648
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Jim,

what should I put in personal.ini when I want to exclude characters, but need the pairing information?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #649
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Firedancer885 - I'm pretty sure we discussed this before--"pairing" is specific to only a few sites and got lumped together with "characters". So the short answer is: you can't.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #650
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklls View Post
This URL is working fine for me with user/pass from personal.ini or entered when prompted.

If you can run calibre in debug mode (calibre-debug -g) in a command line/prompt window, try the download again and post the output from the command line/prompt window that may help.

My only thought right now is that if you use a different skin than the default(Enchant, I think) that may make a difference.
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #651
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Thanks
Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #652
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

My only thought right now is that if you use a different skin than the default(Enchant, I think) that may make a difference.
That was a darned good thought! I switched to the default skin, and it worked like a charm! (pun intended)

Thanks once again for a great tool!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #653
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Beta Test for Settings in Library

I'm looking for a few brave, hearty souls to test the next version. Well, okay, maybe it isn't as bad as all that. It is a bit more dangerous than usual, though. Backups are recommended.

This is the first version to store its settings in the library db rather than a JSON file on disk.

The big advantages of this are:
  • Backing up the library backs up the plugin settings
  • Copying the library (with structure) copies the plugin settings
  • Using the same library from more than one place can share settings
  • This is 'The Future' of plugins! Or so I'm told. There's talk of concurrent calibre someday.

The disadvantage is that it's not backward compatible out of the box. If you need to back out to the pre-db version of FFDL, you'll need to hand edit your fanfictiondownloader_plugin.json file to re-enable the migrated settings.

Plus it requires a minimum of calibre 0.8.57.

Some of kiwidude's collection of fine plugins have already started using this new facility and I've cribbed how to do the basic get/set/view settings functionality from him. It's pretty straightforward. Any bugs you find in FFDL are all on me, though.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-27-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #654
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Add chapter count

Hi.
I'm looking to add the number of chapters to the comments field.
I see that I can add in in as a custom column but can I add it to the comments field in addition to the information the plugin places there?
I would not like to lose the the summary that fanfictiondownloader places there.

Love the plug-in by the way.

Rich
Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #655
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@richreads - Not really.

You might be able to do something with a calibre composite custom column and a chapters column + comments.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #656
CyberCrisis
CyberCrisis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anybody been having problems with yourfanficion.com when I enter an HTTP I keep getting HTTP Error 403:Bad Behavior. I wander what happen it used to work just fine.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #657
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@CyberCrisis - That problem was fixed in the last version(1.5.46). Make sure you have the latest and have restarted calibre.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #658
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@richreads - Not really.

You might be able to do something with a calibre composite custom column and a chapters column + comments.
Thanx for the suggestion - I'll play around with my options.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #659
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
No longer loading stories from archiveofourown.org, fyi.
Edit: it has uploaded the stories, now. Just took 15 minutes. Never seen a lag like that before, strange!

Last edited by JaneD; 07-26-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #660
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
No longer loading stories from archiveofourown.org, fyi.
Edit: it has uploaded the stories, now. Just took 15 minutes. Never seen a lag like that before, strange!
Long stories and site delays can easily cause that. And please always include a story URL when reporting problems.
Closed Thread