Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
carterw
carterw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Kindle DX Graphite html => mobi problem

Anyone has has same issue as me about Kindle crash when it is converted from HTML => Mobi format and using dictionary feature?

I am using calibre to convert from Html => mobi and when i am using dictionary feature it seems to crash , i wonder anyone has same issue or just me bad luck???
carterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

It might be because of incorrectly formatted HTML. Without more specifics, it is difficult to say. MOBI does not support all of html, so that could be a problem too.

BTW, if you have an HTML file you can rename in from *.html to *.txt and sideload it onto the DXG and it will read it without conversion. The html formatting will be intact, that is, the html formatting the Kindles allow.
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
That's pretty handy and I tried it. I opened the html file in notepad and saved it as a different filename of type txt - and it displays very well on the Kindle.

Is there a quicker way to do the filetype editing? Maybe some type of batch processing?
Thanks!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote