Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
(Nook) several bestsellers $1.99 each

I learned of these on a non-book forum and don't remember seeing them mentioned here recently, so pardon any duplication. The forum post didn't mention its information source, so there might be more books involved if anyone has an idea how to search for them.

Some odd points: when I follow the links, I get to a $1.99 page for the books I looked at. However, the "also bought" section on each page links to regular priced copies of the other books via URLs other than those below. I bought one for $1.99, but click carefully.

I looked a couple up at Amazon US and didn't see any matching prices.

The titles:

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

The Hunger Games- Book #1 by Suzanne Collins

Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver

The Round House by Louise Erdrich (2012 National Book Award Winner- Fiction)

The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus Series #3) by Rick Riordan

The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie by Kim Carpenter, Krickitt Carpenter, and Dana Wilkerson

Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Thanks! Don't think I've seen Flight Behavior on sale as an ebook before. Great price on The Hobbit too!

EDIT: As a nook user, I couldn't resist the price on the Kingsolver or the Erdritch. Both are now confirmed in my nook library, also downloaded through nook for PC, and appear to be complete publisher's editions.

Higher priced copies of these books are what come up on B&N when searching their site. For example, the url between the $1.99 and $12.99 Flight Behavior are slightly different
$12.99: ...w/flight-behavior-barbara-kingsolver/1108621192?ean=9780062124265
$1.99: ...w/flight-behavior-kingsolver-barbara/1113867497?ean=2940044184190

Not sure why this is, but just wanted to add one confirmed purchase regarding these.

Last edited by scottken; 02-12-2013 at 09:05 AM.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Thanks, Elaysee!
Good find-- some nice choices here. For me, one I would definitely pick up if I hadn't already bought it at a higher price (that still seemed great at the time), and a couple more I'm sorely tempted by.....
Although I haven't read it, my wife really enjoyed Life of Pi, and found it quite amusing & well written.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote