Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
ajCadwallader
ajCadwallader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Open Source Dyselxia Font

Good day to all,

I am one of many people who struggle with the learning disability - Dyslexia. It affects the speed in which my brain processes words that are found on paper or screen.

There are certain fonts which can be used which significantly improve the experience for people like myself. One of these fonts is found on the following page:

http://www.dafont.com/open-dyslexic.font

This is an open source font which was created by Abelardo Gonzalez and I believe that it could be extremely useful to people like myself and also a good selling point for the Calibre going forward.

I would like to take this project up myself but being relatively new to Open Source communities, would appreciate a push in the right direction/some help.

Thank you for taking your time to read and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards

Ashley
ajCadwallader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure what you want to do. If you wish to use calibre to embed this font in books you convert you can already do so by using the embed font function in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert