Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #496
obvious
obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.obvious got an A in P-Chem.

Device: none
Would it be feasible to add an option to find duplicates by content? CPU/IO heavy no doubt but what do you think?

Just a thought
obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #497
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Quote:
Originally Posted by obvious View Post
Would it be feasible to add an option to find duplicates by content? CPU/IO heavy no doubt but what do you think?

Just a thought
That would be extremely CPU/IO heavy and likely to crash larger libraries. More feasible, I'd think and wouldn't mind seeing, is the ability to compare content once a duplicate has been found via the title/author search. I haven't upgraded yet but it does look like 2.0 has the option to compare two books side by side in the book editor. That might be an option once you've found duplicates that are identical except for page/word count.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #498
ymmv
Enthusiast
ymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Is it possible to make this plugin find duplicates just for the currently selected books instead of all books?
ymmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #499
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmv View Post
Is it possible to make this plugin find duplicates just for the currently selected books instead of all books?
One way is to run Find Duplicates within a Virtual Library - such as

Mark the books to be considered and create a VL Books4FDCheck for marked:true or mark the books to be excluded and create a VL Books4FDCheck for not marked:true

Run Find dups while you're in the Books4FDCheck VL

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #500
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by obvious View Post

Just a thought
I've been trying to use the "count words" plugin instead, in order to identify different formats with the same content.
If the content is the same, the word count should be the same, right?.... err... wrong . My results with that plugin were inconclusive for the moment (e.g. books with supposedly same content (such us donwloaded from the same source like guttenberg, in different formats) actually had a way different words count. Still testing to see what's wrong.
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #501
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you fianally understand "eyeball MkI" ?

It means, give them a fast look. In Grid view (no Details or Tags showing)you can usually see 15 to 60 (17" mon) covers at a glance. Page down for the next batch. It takes 5 seconds on newer CPU to paint all the covers on the page

Click on a bad one then Tap E to edit (or right click for more options)
Not blazing fast, but that is how I do it
Thank you for the hint of "eyeball MkI".

I marked them in the Grid view and then i load the covers with "load metadata and covers".
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #502
AnselmD
Zealot

I like to use the "find duplicates" plugin to eliminate binary duplicates.

But the "calibre bookmark file" in the epub files makes books, which are "binary equal", unequal.

So, add the same book to calibre, view it with the viewer and scroll a little bit down and it is not "binary equal" any more (comparing to the original).

Going into the edit mode, check the book and remove the "book mark file" and the files are still no "binary equal".

Does anyone have a good idea to avoid this behaviour?
Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #503
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnselmD View Post
Open a book in calibre's viewer. Then go to the viewer's Preferences - Miscellaneous options and uncheck "Remember the current page when quitting" then click OK.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #504
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Open a book in calibre's viewer. Then go to the viewer's Preferences - Miscellaneous options and uncheck "Remember the current page when quitting" then click OK.
Thank you, this helps me for the future.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #505
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
I like to use the "find duplicates" plugin to eliminate binary duplicates.

But the "calibre bookmark file" in the epub files makes books, which are "binary equal", unequal.

So, add the same book to calibre, view it with the viewer and scroll a little bit down and it is not "binary equal" any more (comparing to the original).

Going into the edit mode, check the book and remove the "book mark file" and the files are still no "binary equal".

Ok, i think i should not delete the bookmark file in Calibre edit. It makes some changes in a metainfo file.

To delete the bookmark file to revert it to the original file, i uses zip.

To do it at all epub files in the library i used:

find . -name "*.epub" -exec zip -d "{}" META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt \;
Old 08-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #506
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Ok, i think i should not delete the bookmark file in Calibre edit. It makes some changes in a metainfo file.

To delete the bookmark file to revert it to the original file, i uses zip.

To do it at all epub files in the library i used:

find . -name "*.epub" -exec zip -d "{}" META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt \;
You can use Unpack: (delete the file): Rebuild

Also, you can configure the Editor to NOT update metadata.

IN THE EDITOR: Edit: Preferences: <integration with Calibre>: change the tick
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #507
Mashkai
Mashkai began at the beginning.

Find Duplicates - Help

I hope this is in the right place:/

So, I used Find Duplicates and I had roughly 7k duplicates. (Not a s'prise, really) After an hour or so of clicking on individual books and deleting, I thought maybe I could make it a bit easier. I did a binary search and checked "When doing a binary compare, automatically remove duplicate formats" thinking this would make my life much easier. Unfortunately, now I have the same problem as I did to begin with, I am back to lengthy time spent clicking on each individual book. The main difference being that half of them are empty folders so I must slow down a bit further to pay attention and make sure I am deleting the empty folder rather than the one containing an ebook. Is there a faster or better way to do this? Or at least a way to find and remove the now empty file folders?

-so frustrated-

Edit: I found the solution and having spent -hours- on this now feel like an idiot for not seeing it sooner:/

Last edited by Mashkai; 08-31-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Mashkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #508
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Also, you can configure the Editor to NOT update metadata.

IN THE EDITOR: Edit: Preferences: <integration with Calibre>: change the tick
Oh! Thanx, i changed it.
Is this a good idea to have this checked as calibres default behaviour?

Quote:
You can use Unpack: (delete the file): Rebuild
I am not sure, if i understand it correctly:
I understand: unpack manually with an external tool. delete the file. pack ths staff again?

Is there i reason why you emphasize the unpack and underline the U?

Edit: Now i understand, i found the keyboard shortcut for unpack. But it does not work. I am using calibre 1.48 for windows and linux. But i can put the Unpack into the context menu and use it with right mouse click.

For me my version is the easy way. Use the zip -d (delete file) command recursive over all directories to delete all the bookfiles in all epub files.

Last edited by AnselmD; 09-02-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #509
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashkai View Post

Edit: I found the solution and having spent -hours- on this now feel like an idiot for not seeing it sooner:/
I do not know your solution, but i wanted to give you some hints.

Check the "one group in a file" in the "find duplicates" menu.

Define keyboard shortuts (preferences->keyboard->Find Duplicates) for "next result" "previous result".

and

Define keyboard shortuts (preferences->keyboard->Edit Meta Data)
Merge Book Records

Use the Merge Book Records to merge the empty records with the stiil existing ones. Title, author, series, image, will be replaced (taking the first marked book). Tags, comments etc are appended.

Edit: Or you can search all records with no formats (books) with
formats:false
and delete them all

Last edited by AnselmD; 09-03-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #510
MidwestJen
MidwestJen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, K1 (ret), K2 (ret)
Question Marking duplicates

Every time I open Calibre, my library opens with all of my duplicate exemptions marked. Is there a way for it to remember that without re-marking them each time? Obviously it just takes a few seconds to 'clear all marked books', but it's a tad annoying. It's also a bit baffling that I couldn't really find anyone else mentioning it (then again, I could be using a bad set of keywords to search on).

Is there a setting/preference I'm missing somewhere or is this normal and necessary behavior?

Thank you for any advice or help you can give on this. =)
MidwestJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates