Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
the whole book does not need to use a style sheet. You can edge in.

As to importing ' A style sheet':
Unless the 'Imported' sheet is designed to work on a tag level (sets a basic style), you are wasting effort.

So in you example, you could start with a 'New Stylesheet'
add the ONE selector:
Code:
.hideheader {text-align: center; display: none;}
Select ALL the HTML files you want to use this style in the Book Browser:
right-click: Link stylesheet: tick the box for the stylesheet: OK

Using Search and Replace: replace all the
Code:
style="text-align: center;"
with
Code:
class="hideheader"
Then slowly shift other styling over to the stylesheet..
Note: that if you move a style defined in the head of a document, be sure to remove it from there as it can override the stylesheet.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #17
wkuiper
wkuiper began at the beginning.

Device: none
I do appreciate your incentives to go professional, but right now I have not got the time nor the support to enter that adventure. I have asked my ICT-colleages both at the university and the academy if they are interested in creating e-books. They have no capacity to help me or are sceptical about 'scientific' texts for an e-reader. So I am on my own. At this moment I am satisfied with what I can create: plain text without pictures and notes. When I publish my first e-book at 5 december [Sinterklaas-feest in The Netherlands] I hope find another e-book creator and maybe the two or more of us can work out a stylesheet.

Yours,

Willem
wkuiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Professional?

I am a retired swab jockey (was in the 'Black shoe' Navy).
I learned electronics in the vacuum tube era. Started using computers that loaded from paper tape.
I do this for fun (and to make the horrible formatting I see, pleasant for me to read.)

From your description, a One Size Fits All Stylesheet is not what you want for a TEXTBOOK. (Dr. Knuth wrote TeX for this reason).

OSFA might work for a novel. You have specific requirements.

Ask a Computer science (web page designer) for help.
Ebooks are closer to HTML 3.2 (which Mobi is based upon). No fancy Java needed (or wanted).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
wkuiper

When I started working with computers in 1975 I had to punch holes in a card and feed these cards to 64 kb monster.
When I bought my first PC in 1986 I did not know how to operate it. But I learned.
When I started using WordPerfect I was lucky to find a good book that helped me to master the program.
Yet modern WordPerfect is so complex that I do not know how to write macro's. And there is nobody I know that uses WordPerfect.
I have tried OS2 and Linux but right now I am using XP Pro. It is good enough for me.
I am not afraid to learn new things such as creating a stylesheet, but my time is precious. There is a lot that must be finished first.
That is why I think that is not sound to invent a wheel while I am not sure that I really have to use it.
This e-book is an experiment.
E-books are not so populair in The Netherlands.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #20
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
With respect, I disagree. E-Books are populair in the Netherlands. There are a lot of people making e-books and almost all new books can be bought as an e-book.
Just as with the english books, the 'amateurs' usually make a better product... If you want, I can help you in dutch. I wrote several easy entry-level guides in dutch.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #21
wkuiper

Not in my branche, Toxaris.

http://nederl.blogspot.nl/2011/09/co...teit-werd.html

In my opinion an e-book is better than a pocketbook. Much better! Yet it has its limitations. Maybe that is why there are no 'scholarly' Dutch e-books.
With my e-book experiment, editing a late medieval romance that was printed in 1564 in Antwerp and never published since then, I want to explore the possibilities.
I do appreciate your help: writing a stylesheet if that creates a better e-book than I am creating now.
Please send me a private message in Dutch for details.

Yours,

Willem

Last edited by wkuiper; 11-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.