Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
davebalme
Enthusiast
davebalme began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Ipad, Kobo Wireless, Archos 70b & 80G9. And a Kobo Arc
FBreader option

I've got a 360 and have read elsewhere that if you select and keep pressed the OK button when at books on the main menu you can change the reader function. I've tried that but it just opens my library. And there's nothing in settings. I'm querying this because it's not handling epubs or PDFs particularly well if at all. I'm also having problems with a few texts converted to fb2 using Calibre that are now showing partial underlining throughout even after checking they are ok using the Calibre viewer. Is there a problem with my units firmware (D101.14.2)?

When converting comics to fb2 and then loading onto and reading them on the 360 there's a blank page between every comic page. Why?
davebalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
The Calibre/conversion questions i can't answer but the first i can.

It sounds like you are holding the ok button down on the folder. you have to be selecting the book/document you want, then hold the button down and select fb reader. If you hold the button on a drm epub it wont give you the choice which viewer to use.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebalme View Post
I've got a 360 and have read elsewhere that if you select and keep pressed the OK button when at books on the main menu you can change the reader function. I've tried that but it just opens my library. And there's nothing in settings. I'm querying this because it's not handling epubs or PDFs particularly well if at all. I'm also having problems with a few texts converted to fb2 using Calibre that are now showing partial underlining throughout even after checking they are ok using the Calibre viewer. Is there a problem with my units firmware (D101.14.2)?

When converting comics to fb2 and then loading onto and reading them on the 360 there's a blank page between every comic page. Why?
So you are using simple unformatted text and transform that to fb2? That makes no sense at all. Just convert to pdb files. Those files are smaller and work better and you won't lose any formatting!

Comics: extract those files, put them in one folder in MM, then open the first pic, zoom it to double size to read, turn pages like in a normal book!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi to open books with FBReader:

- Go to Menu | Books | Select the Book you want to read | Press and hold on the middle OK button
- A mini menu will pop up, select Open With
- Click to the right and select fbreader

Once you have done this once, your choosen ebook will open using FBreader every time unless you tell PocketBook otherwise.

I don't really read .pdfs but I really like how .epub files are displayed using FBReader and have had no problems. Of course it depends on the type of books you may be reading and the formatting.

I would ask about the fb2 conversion in the Calibre section here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

Hopefully someone will be able to help with that.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
To comic:
Never worked tried to open comics on my Pocketbook till now, but if you like you can send the file to me via PN (upload it to e.g. rapdishare.com) and i will look what i can do.
(If no other knows how to solve )

//edit:
Ok my reply was too late :/
Thanks to the other for the tips

Last edited by Ulli; 01-05-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert