Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
Help. I can't restore backup of Sony PRS-T2 and device is now unusable

Hi,

I have a rooted Sony PRS-T2 and today I had a problem with a program I had installed and thought of doing a restore of the device.
I did the restore without problems, using an image of the unrooted device with the 1.0.04.11081 firmware.
I had already used this image some days ago and there was no problem, I was able to root the device again, but today, after doing successfully the jailbreak, I did the rupor minimal root, the device got stuck in Opening book with the bar 100% at the end. I reset the device but again it gets stuck in Opening book.

So I thought of doing again the restore of the image. I placed the OS firmware of rupor-rescue in the SD card, I booted the device and did the .\ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T2" um recovery. In the console I read: Opendrive K:1
So, it seems it's OK, but the weird thing is in the PC device manager I see three units, K, J, L that normally correspond to READER, SETTING and the external card.

Now when I open HD RAW COPY TOOL, I can't see the PRS XXX that correspond to my image.

I would appreciate very much some help.
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
OK, I must say that after repeating the same process several times, at the end I managed to see the PRS XXX in HD raw copy tool, and I could restore the image.
The strange thing is that the command ".\ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T2" um recovery" didn't work, it said there's no PRS-T2 or something like that, but then I saw the PRS XXX in the HD raw copy tool.

So, may be that command is not necessary.
Anyway, doing the restore is sometimes a tricky thing.
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert