Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
munkymack
munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.munkymack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android FB Reader
Reader App with Folder Monitoring / Auto Import

I'm looking for an Android reader app with folder monitoring or auto import. I'm currently using FBReader, which works well, but it's not the easiest thing for my Dad to navigate (he's a luddite who just recently started using computers).

On my computer, I use Calibre's news recipes to automatically download periodicals, and then a program called Belvedere to put specific copies into my dropbox folder. Then on my phone, I use DropSync to automatically synchronize my Dropbox folder with the books directory on my phone.

But as far as I know, only FB Reader automatically recognizes that new content. With every other app I've used (as far as I can tell) I have to manually tell the app to import new books, instead of it recognizing them when they are in my library folder.

Are there any that I'm missing (or perhaps a functionality that I just don't know about activating?)

I'd love to use Moon+, Mantano or PageTurner, because I need the app to support HTML and OPDS.
munkymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
You can use the kindle app it does what you are asking, however it reads in Mobi files.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android apps, auto-import, folder monitoring, html, opds