Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Question External Speaker

The Vox came with a children's audio book that is quite nice and I have two grandchildren that would love it, one 3 and one 4. The speaker is too low even at full volume so I was thinking of an external speaker. The headset idea is out as that would cause a war. I have seen several cheap speakers on Amazon in the $30 range and wonder if anyone has tried one and liked it. They usually have a 2amp or less power output connected to the headset jack. That does not sound like much, I would like 5amp at least, I think. Any thoughts?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Are you close to a Best Buy or Future Shop? They usually let you try their floor models. Bring your vox - when you find one you like shop around for a well-priced one with similar specs? Or just buy it there for convenience of return, if you don't like it.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
You can probably get a pair of powered computer speakers for under $20 to plug into the headphone jack that have a decent sound. I got a set with a subwoofer for free off freecycle to use on a small LCD TV that has crappy speakers. When I listen to music while reading the Vox, I use earbuds which sound better than the speaker.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
I found some great speakers

One of the uses I have for my Vox is in doing presentations at work. Therefore some reasonable audio is required as the standard Vox sound is too low. Again, I do not want distortion, only sufficient sound to adequately fill a small meeting room for ten or so people. The Vox has worked out well with Astro app allowing full use of my Word notes on my external sd card, a photo app "Picture it" which displays a photo slideshow with music, all which makes the Vox an excellent presentation tool along with being an excellent e-reader at home.

The speakers I found are by Omnitech, they are two speakers that come in a leather-like zippered case using 4 aa batteries or ac adapter. The sound from these is remarkable, cost under $20. I picked mine up at Staples. The attached connection cord to the Vox uses an L connector so it stays out of the way, my Vox being in a Kobo case designed for the Vox, and I am sure this will meet most peoples needs. One nice side use is to play audio children ebooks for the two grandchildren, no headset, no fighting.
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote