Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
alexandel
alexandel began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 912, Lbook V3
PocketBook 912 display partnumber

Good day!
I have dropped my PB 912, and the screen was crashed.
I have contacted with PocketBook service center, but they cannot say when they can deliver the display to my city and how much this willl cost.
I want to buy the screen on ebay, but I don't know the partnumber of the screen. somebody can help me with this problem?
alexandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Where did you get a Pocketbook 912?! It's supposed to be released in November...!

By the way: To buy the Eink-screen separately might end up as expensive as buying a complete new Pocketbook... If your device is broken anyway, you could simply disassemble it and look at the part number that should be printed on the back of the screen.

Last edited by tuxor; 10-24-2011 at 03:40 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
alexandel

I have bought it in the end of september in Krasnoyarsk, Russia.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
alexandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
By the way: To buy the Eink-screen separately might end up as expensive as buying a complete new Pocketbook... If your device is broken anyway, you could simply disassemble it and look at the part number that should be printed on the back of the screen.
Yes, it seems I need to disassemble it anyway... I didn't wanted to do it, because there is no visible screws.
thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #5
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
So Pocketbook 912 is already available in Russia? How do you like the touch screen, which firmware is installed?

Oh, please note that I never disassembled a Pocketbook, so I can't give you any guarantee disassembling it won't destroy it entirely...
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
alexandel

Quote:
So Pocketbook 912 is already available in Russia? How do you like the touch screen, which firmware is installed?

Oh, please note that I never disassembled a Pocketbook, so I can't give you any guarantee disassembling it won't destroy it entirely...
Yes, it's available, you can see it on most russian internet-shops.
I cannot say nothing about the firmware (because the device cannot work), but touch-screen is very comfortable, but it works only with stylus.

...I don't want to disassemble it, i just want to find the dispaly and then I'll ask the service center to install the new display.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Disassembling the 602 was a piece of cake. Only 10 to 15 small screws, a bunch of small plastic clips and the occasional piece of double sided tape but no problem if you are careful.
Part number of display was printed on the backside.

Had to open it up because I spilled some coffee over it and all buttons were glued to the frame with sugar
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Had to open it up because I spilled some coffee over it and all buttons were glued to the frame with sugar
and it survived great news!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Where did you get a Pocketbook 912?! It's supposed to be released in November...!

That is correct for worldwide selling. But in Russia they have started to sell PB912 and PB612 a couple of weeks ago.

The first bulk of PB912 shall arrive in Germany very soon and we have already a lot of preorderes from EU customers here www.ereader-store.de
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
That is correct for worldwide selling. But in Russia they have started to sell PB912 and PB612 a couple of weeks ago. www.ereader-store.de
Perhaps it's better this way. Feedback in Russian/Ukrainian seems to get back to the company, while information in other languages seems to go into a black hole. Let them sort out problems with people they can communicate with first before selling to the rest of us.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Feedback in Russian/Ukrainian seems to get back to the company, while information in other languages seems to go into a black hole.
agree - though I think Forkosigan in the German forum does communicate with Kiev (though not sure how succesfully).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote