Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Multiple programs running

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought that I could run multiple copies of Sigil so that I could work on two or three books at the same time.

I thought that window 7 supported recursion.

If I am wrong, please set me onm the correct path.
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
I'm not sure what recursion has to do with it, but yes you can run multiple versions of Sigil at the same time.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I have been using opening Sigil twice, once with the file I am working on and again with a version from a different source which has chunks missing from the first one.

Sigil shows up only once in the task bar, but both versions are listed when you click on Sigil in the task bar.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
[QUOTE=mrmikel;2328682
Sigil shows up only once in the task bar, but both versions are listed when you click on Sigil in the task bar.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is a task bar 'consolidation option' (Group Similar) on XP (might be normal for Vista or W7)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Yes, I am using Windows 7 now (Anything but being forced into using Windows 8!) and that is now it behaves.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Many thanks for your answers. I now know how to run multiple copies of Sigil.
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recursion