Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #106
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
RC cola

Best cola there is.

OH, you just flung a craving on me! I haven't had one since I was diagnosed with diabetes 20 years ago! Absolutely agree that it's the best cola ever!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #107
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
I probably should have said skilly. The stovetop version doesn't have crema -- I'm talking pure coffee, nothing added. So not mocha.

Crema - is that the foamy coffee on top?

Mocha is coffee pure - nothing added until after if that's your style. A true mocha is
Black as the night, Hot as Love and Sweet as the first kiss

Quote:
Each machine does vary, though, and there are some out there that make crappy coffee.
And there is nothing worse than a crappy coffee - except maybe warm beer
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #108
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
My cup (err, water bottle) holds iced tea. With a little lemon, no sugar. Mmmmmm.
Just don't get that in the UK really.

I remember my mother-in-law ordering a tea in a restaurant in California and being served an iced tea - the look on her face was priceless when it turned up
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #109
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I know. I've had to order tea, and add my own ice cubes to chill it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #110
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

I remember my mother-in-law ordering a tea in a restaurant in California and being served an iced tea - the look on her face was priceless when it turned up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Easy to make: brew up some black tea, add lemon rind cool it down. Before serving, add lemon to taste - at least that's how I make mine I do add a bit of sugar though before cooling it
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #111
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
And there is nothing worse than a crappy coffee - except maybe warm beer
A few beers out there are meant to be drank at room temperature.

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #112
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:

Indeed, especially a lot of cask bitters over here; absolutely ruined if you serve them too chilled.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #113
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:

Room temperature is not warm beer. I prefer my beer to be on the not so chilled side - to the horrors of my fellow Australians
Old 02-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #114
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Have you ever run across Birch Beer? Equally non-alcoholic, a little more red but still kinda brown. I've only seen it in the Pennsylvania Dutch area of Pennsylvania. 'Sgood, though!
I have, but I've never drank the stuff. I didn't realize it was a PA Dutch thing.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #115
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I never replaced it, because a Starbucks opened in my office building. But now I'm retired and need to get back to making my own.
You're retired? I thought it was Tim who was the lucky one!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #116
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Spare parts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Certainly not a brain...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ohhhhhh cat's gonna see that!
She did!
You are better be nicer, dad, because I'll come around for a handshake!

Currently, drinking a glass of Nesquick!

(Ya'll know this thread made it to third position in the list of this week's Hot Topics?)
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #117
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:

We have a cherry beer here that has to be served hot. It's meant to thaw someone coming in from the cold, like after clearing snow. It goes directly to your brain. Great stuff!

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 02-10-2010 at 06:37 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #118
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Just got off work and am drinking a Miller Light. all of this beer talk got to me.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #119
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Crema - is that the foamy coffee on top?
That's the one.

Quote:
Mocha is coffee pure - nothing added until after if that's your style. A true mocha is
Black as the night, Hot as Love and Sweet as the first kiss
My mistake. I learn something new every day. I now realise I was referring to something quite different. I should have said café mocha.

I found this Wiki entry that references both crema and café mocha (although they're dropped the café part.): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso

Last edited by alvico; 02-10-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: It would help if I actually included the link!
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #120
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
That's the one.

My mistake. I learn something new every day. I now realise I was referring to something quite different. I should have said café mocha.

I found this Wiki entry that references both crema and café mocha (although they're dropped the café part.)
Don't worry - I thought you might be thinking of this new mocha (seems to have chocolate or something in it) - to get the real deal you have to travel or make it yourself.

Anyhow - we both seem to love our coffee so all is good

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?