Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #61
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I believe all of the Sony 505's had integral color. Someone posted about it after they dropped a blue one and part of the corner snapped off -- the poster said that the color went "all the way through". Can't find the thread right now, but it was a while ago.
I wouldn't think so because of the engraving offered by Sony. When I was looking to buy mine, there was a used one that had the engraving scratched off of the back. Here's the listing link so you can take a look at the pix.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok, I have to ask, what the heck is "Modem Burner"???

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #63
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
Ha, the good question just after 61 posts!
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #64
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:

BOb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Ha, the good question just after 61 posts!
lol that was funny.....just means a lot of photos, so if you have a slow modem....prepare to see it work up a sweat
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #65
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
lol that was funny.....just means a lot of photos, so if you have a slow modem....prepare to see it work up a sweat
Ah... I guess I didn't get it because I don't have a modem...

BOb
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 04:24 AM   #66
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

BOb
How do you connect to the internet w/o a modem?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #67
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Quote:

BOb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I think he meant that he does not have a dial-up modem.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #68
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
So are we saying the 600 is worth upgrading from a 505 or no?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #69
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:

BOb
Pilot BOb, you do have a modem or you wouldn't be posting here. You might have a cable modem or a DSL modem or even a Cellular modem.

But I do recall wishing everyone posted warnings like that back when I had the 9600 baud modem trying to download bulletin board postings!
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #70
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
So are we saying the 600 is worth upgrading from a 505 or no?
JJ
I personally find it to be the perfect successor to the 505 the way the 505 was the perfect successor to the 500. I love it and have not regretted it for a second. Others have not felt the same.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #71
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
I think he meant that he does not have a dial-up modem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Pilot BOb, you do have a modem or you wouldn't be posting here. You might have a cable modem or a DSL modem or even a Cellular modem.
Sorry, you are incorrect. I do not have a modem. I have a fiber optic connection... from the router all the way to the Verizon switching office. It is 100% digital.

A modem is a modulator/demodulator which takes the digital signal from the PC/Network and modulates it to travel over the analog/voice POTS phone system. On the other end it demodulates the incoming signal and converts it back to digital.

BOb
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #72
Kostas
Still wondering why

Quote:
Sorry, you are incorrect. I do not have a modem. I have a fiber optic connection... from the router all the way to the Verizon switching office. It is 100% digital.

A modem is a modulator/demodulator which takes the digital signal from the PC/Network and modulates it to travel over the analog/voice POTS phone system. On the other end it demodulates the incoming signal and converts it back to digital.

BOb
Fiber to the home! Sorry, you were right!
I am jealous!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #73
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
You have FiOS?! I wanted FiOS but I moved to FL just when they came to the NY/NJ area. Unfortunately we have BellSouth so only Comcast. However, much to my surprise, I haven't had anything less than speeds of 15,000 kbps. I usually have speeds in the 20k range, but sometimes, over 30k. I thought it was a fluke, but over 3 yrs later, I'm still getting the same speeds. Can't figure out how though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot001.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	35179  

Last edited by SolRaven; 08-30-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #74
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You have FiOS?! I wanted FiOS but I moved to FL just when they came to the NY/NJ area.
Yes, and I am in Tampa. But, it isn't in all areas here either. I have had it for more than two years now.

BOb
Old 08-31-2009, 06:16 AM   #75
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
You have FiOS?! I wanted FiOS but I moved to FL just when they came to the NY/NJ area. Unfortunately we have BellSouth so only Comcast. However, much to my surprise, I haven't had anything less than speeds of 15,000 kbps. I usually have speeds in the 20k range, but sometimes, over 30k. I thought it was a fluke, but over 3 yrs later, I'm still getting the same speeds. Can't figure out how though.
15Mbps! I wish I had those speeds... I don't go faster than 400Kbps...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote