Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-27-2005, 03:46 PM   #1
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Social Bookmark Service

del.icio.us is a free social bookmark service that allows you to publish and collect links to your favorite websites. It's a great way to have access to your bookmarks from anywhere or any computer with internet access.

I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread as a place for Mobilereaders to discuss del.icio.us and post a link to their own del.icio.us social bookmarks. If you're familiar with social networking, I think you'll understand how this could be a very interesting and helpful way for Mobileread members to share knowledge, information, ideas, and common interests.

I recently found out about this service, and here's my del.icio.us list (definitely a work in progress ):

del.icio.us/briang

Brian

Last edited by ballistic; 01-27-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks for the introduction Brian. I heard about del.icios.us, but was never asking myself what it is all about. Is it possible to create a "group list", like one play where every MR fan can add links at del.icio.us?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Thanks for the introduction Brian. I heard about del.icios.us, but was never asking myself what it is all about. Is it possible to create a "group list", like one play where every MR fan can add links at del.icio.us?
I don't think so, but I also think that would be a great idea. I wouldn't be surprised if that feature is added to the service if it isn't available already.

I'll do some digging and see what I can find out .

Edit If all Mobileread members add the tag "Mobileread" to *ALL* of the bookmarks they want to share with fellow Mobileread members, that will accomplish the same thing . Then, users click on the "mobileread" tag and then "mobileread from all users". You'll see a list of social bookmarks with the mobileread tag, as well as the username of every user that has that page bookmarked with the mobileread tag.

Once you're in a specific "tag" page, you have the option of "subscribing" to that "tag" which will put bookmarks posted by others with "mobileread" in your del.icio.us inbox. This will do exactly what Alexander was asking about: Shared Mobileread Members' bookmarks!

Here's the RSS Feed for the "Mobileread" tag:

http://del.icio.us/rss/tag/mobileread

Right now, the only social bookmarks with the mobileread tag are my own, but hopefully that will change soon .

Brian

Last edited by ballistic; 01-27-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote