Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 12-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #331
Little.Egret
Fanatic
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook LLite, Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle T
United States Army Officer Guide

Army Officer's Guide: 52nd Edition
(688pp) by Col. Robert J. Dalessandro USA (Ret.) and David H. Huntoon Jr.

Practical advice on Army leadership and command. Fully updated with the latest information for officers of all ranks, branches, and components. Covers uniforms and insignia, duties and responsibilities, privileges and restrictions, courtesy and customs, posts and organizations, regulations and references. Includes full-color reference of medals and badges

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FADZHXC/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FADZHXC/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FADZHXC/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #332
GtrsRGr8
Guru
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC
Packt Publishing, a publisher of technical computer/Internet books, has a 24-day Christmas ebook daily giveaway going on right now. This is day 20, with the promotion running, then, for four more days. Today's freebie is Python Testing: A Beginner's Guide. The retail price is $23.99.

Follow this link to get the book, and check it each day to see what's free for those days: https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offer...tmas-countdown. To get the book free, you will need to have an "account" with Packt, but I think that all that is required to set it up is to provide an email address and password.

(I don't know when each "day" begins and ends, in Packt's way of reckoning (I do wish that all of these companies offering deals on one or more particular days would tell us what time zone that they consider the day(s) to fall within!). Packt's home office is in Birmingham, UK., I don't know if the promotion goes by the time there or not. One thing tells me that it might: I'm on the east coast of the U.S. and it is December 19 now. Packt is calling this "day 20" of the promotion. At the time of day that it is now (10:13 p.m. Eastern), the U.K. is already on December 20.)

As far as I'm concerned, I won't get the book, even though it's free. No siree. I don't plan on testing any pythons. And I don't plan on testing any anacondas, or any other snakes either, for that matter. If you choose to do so, that is your business, but please do be careful--we don't want to lose your presence on the Mobileread site! (ha!)
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 AM   #333
GtrsRGr8
Guru
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC
HarperCollinsPublisher has a handful of their biographies on sale. The ebooks are $2.99.

These ebooks are apparently available at the sale prices only directly through them. I checked Amazon on one of the books and it was not on sale there.

I can't vouch for the quality of the ebooks, but looking over the selection I can say that there is a good variety of categories--musicians, sports figures, political figures, criminals, and others.

Go here to see the entire selection, and to place your order if you see something that you want. You must use promo code BIO299 to get the discounted price (that information is also near the top of the page, but it might be easy to miss it).

Even if you don't see something that you want, you might want to click on any link to a book, anyway. On the page that comes up, near the top of the page on the right, there is a sort of aqua blue box which contains a link to a selection of other ebooks, these priced under $2. I explored this list only enough to note that there is a large selection of these.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; Today at 01:28 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #334
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
there is a good variety of categories--musicians, sports figures, political figures, criminals, and others.
These days, they're all the same category...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote