Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #286
DannyY
DannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I am running Windows 7 x64 and whatever the compiled binaries are, they worked for me.
DannyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #287
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I am on Windows 7 64 bit too. I cannot remember what platform I targeted when I built Marisa but I am pretty sure it was x86 (32 bit). I am away from home right now so cannot check. But please feel free to use my Marisa build in Penelope.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #288
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I can confirm that it runs on 32 bit Windows.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #289
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Today I became aware that it is again possible to add custom dictionaries to the installed dictionaries (and not only to replace existing Kobo dictionaries of the same name). I tried dicthtml-fr-fr.zip and dicthtml-de-de.zip. After restarting the reader, both were in the list and selectable, but not searchable. See an example here. After adding for each new dictionary a line in the Dictionary table of the database, both dictionary became searchable.
This seems however not to work with dictionaries that translate from (and possibly to) Japanese.
Be aware, that the database is not much forgiving. It happened to me that I wrote de-de instead of -de-de into the first column. The reader refused the whole database and asked me to initialize the reader via wifi or usb. The same happened when I tried to write English - Farsi in the name field instead of Deutsch - Deutsch.

Last edited by tshering; 10-25-2013 at 05:48 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #290
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Hi

I moved to a linux box to use Penelope to convert my stardicts(had to build Marisa thing). I converted using the command line with the --output-kobo option. It looked like P created the compressed dicts no problem. Then I copied them to Kobo (.kobo/dict). But they do nto show up in the dict list. And the language I am interested in is notlisted in the language pull down.

The files that I have have idx,dict.dz,ifo, syn extensions

What do I do at this point? I am using Glo with 3.1.0 Could it be firmware vs dict format issue?

thanks

Last edited by exachillus; 01-10-2014 at 12:10 AM.
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 12:21 AM   #291
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seem to recall you can't add an arbitrary language; if you want a new language you have to use on of the pre-defined language names.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #292
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I seem to recall you can't add an arbitrary language; if you want a new language you have to use on of the pre-defined language names.
That is interesting. None of the tutorials/pages I looked at mentioned such thing. I will try it.
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #293
davdenic
davdenic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi all,
i'm looking for a dictionary german-italian someone knows where to find it, download or convert or buy?
Thank you for any suggestion
davdenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #294
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi all,

please note that I moved Penelope to GitHub: https://github.com/pettarin/penelope
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #295
rmreader
rmreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm not sure if this is covered already, but I added extra dictionaries translating to/from dutch based on the Babylon dictionaries (http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/).
I work on linux and had to install stardict-tools and of course marisa and penelope (as described often enough). The recipe is as follows:
stardict-editor #open stardict-editor
#An editor will be opened where you need to browse and select you .BGL file(Babylon Dictionary)
#In the bottom of the opened application you select BGL file and click on Build button
#It will create a file with an extension .babylon.
#Next browse and select this file
#In the bottom of the opened application you select Babylon file and click on Build button
#That's it. It will create 3 files (.dict.dz, .idx, .ifo) in the current directory
python ~/penelope/penelope.py -p <idx name without extension> -f <from> -t <to> --output-kobo
#Now the dicthtml-<from>-<to>.zip is created
#N.B. <from> and <to> are the 2-letter language abbreviations
#Next copy the zip file to .kobo/dict on your Kobo and translation is there.
#Unfortunately only lookup, not via search.
rmreader is offline   Reply With Quote