Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #76
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
You should probably pull Market, google services framework, partner setup, and talk at the minimum, though I would recommend pulling them all. The device you pull them from will need to be rooted and have Titanium Backup installed as well.

The download was unsuccessful may be fixed by using an app called market enabler, though I haven't gotten anyone to confirm it 100% yet, I will be trying it myself in the next few days, and I will update the guide and bump this up if it does end up working. However, if you pull the apps from your phone that should fix the problem as well.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #77
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircable.net View Post
I did a bit of testing with the "alogcat" program from the market. Had to copy it over via SD card from another Android.

Then the Market App gives this error:

java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 400 invalid hardware identifier: "F20112100202" is not a valid MEID (expect 14 hex digits)

I guess, we fix this, Market and other apps will work.
Interesting.. when I tried and logged my errors I get the following:

com.android.vending.model.GetAssetRequest. Response=INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR

I'm not sure if the marketplace website is returning this or my machine is returning it.
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #78
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
You should probably pull Market, google services framework, partner setup, and talk at the minimum, though I would recommend pulling them all. The device you pull them from will need to be rooted and have Titanium Backup installed as well.

The download was unsuccessful may be fixed by using an app called market enabler, though I haven't gotten anyone to confirm it 100% yet, I will be trying it myself in the next few days, and I will update the guide and bump this up if it does end up working. However, if you pull the apps from your phone that should fix the problem as well.
Thanks. I might give this a try in the following week.
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #79
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Interesting.. when I tried and logged my errors I get the following:

com.android.vending.model.GetAssetRequest. Response=INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR

I'm not sure if the marketplace website is returning this or my machine is returning it.
yes, I've gotten the same error's in my logs, I've asked a few friends that are a bit more knowledgeable about Android than I am and they aren't quite sure how to fix it either.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #80
khater
khater began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
I know it has been some time for you guys, but here is what happened to me:
I ended up having the restored applications, youtube is running fine. whenever I try market or gmail, I get a message saying
"The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
--> force close
Any ideas?
khater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #81
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
I just got my PE off of woot.com. I had no issue installing the 2.2 update, but unfortunately my cell phone is running 2.3, which means I can't copy the google services framework from it.

I downloaded the gapps from Cyanogen mod's wiki page and installed Google Services Framework, Market, and Gmail. I tried to add a google account and it just says "You don't have data provisioned properly" even though I'm connected to wifi. Any ideas?

Youtube runs perfectly, so long as I don't try to create an account.

Last edited by jamina1; 09-22-2011 at 08:46 AM.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #82
Surveyah
Surveyah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Market force close

I too followed all the steps in this thread, and still do not have Market functioning.....or gmail....when i try to run either i get the Force Close.

Has anyone got a fix for this?
Surveyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #83
bogart
bogart began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
haha! Someone did just mention it above. Need backup of android 2.2 to make it work for PE.

<my original message>
Hi All,

I finally managed to get Market to work after countless attempts. Want to share a piece of information on how i was able to install Market. Someone might already have mentioned this small but important ifo, so sorry for any duplication. If its something obvious, sorry for my slow mental faculties.

Here it is,

First attempts... i did the backups using the Titanium backup method using my MyTouch 4G phone as source then restored onto Pocket Edge - result: FAILURE! Did this a number of times...

Suddenly it hit me after a few days, MyTouch 4G has Android 2.3 while Pocket Edge has 2.2. Hmmm... could it be versions being incompatible... Good thing i still have my ole reliable G1... installed Titanium backup on my G1... backed-up Market and Google Services Framework... restored them on my Pocket Edge... voila! Success! I almost cried... almost... lol

Probably when the Titanium backup method was written up, Android 2.2 was the version common. Now, we have 2.3 (and higher?).

Also, i didn't need to convert system files to user files so Titanium backup free version will probably be enough.

Anyway, hope this help someone from countless days of hair pulling and sleepless nights.

Last edited by bogart; 09-22-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: similar post
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #84
jamina1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
haha! Someone did just mention it above. Need backup of android 2.2 to make it work for PE.

<my original message>
Hi All,

I finally managed to get Market to work after countless attempts. Want to share a piece of information on how i was able to install Market. Someone might already have mentioned this small but important ifo, so sorry for any duplication. If its something obvious, sorry for my slow mental faculties.

Here it is,

First attempts... i did the backups using the Titanium backup method using my MyTouch 4G phone as source then restored onto Pocket Edge - result: FAILURE! Did this a number of times...

Suddenly it hit me after a few days, MyTouch 4G has Android 2.3 while Pocket Edge has 2.2. Hmmm... could it be versions being incompatible... Good thing i still have my ole reliable G1... installed Titanium backup on my G1... backed-up Market and Google Services Framework... restored them on my Pocket Edge... voila! Success! I almost cried... almost... lol

Probably when the Titanium backup method was written up, Android 2.2 was the version common. Now, we have 2.3 (and higher?).

Also, i didn't need to convert system files to user files so Titanium backup free version will probably be enough.

Anyway, hope this help someone from countless days of hair pulling and sleepless nights.
That's my issue too, my phone is running 2.3 Cyanogenmod. And I can't root my Boyfriend's 2.2 froyo phone because he's afraid I will break it. I'm trying it with emusan's Tibu backups.. but they don't work with the market either.

Either way, there's more to this issue than just the market. I can't even get it to set up an account with google because it thinks its a phone.. even though its connected to wifi it says NO DATA.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #85
bogart
bogart began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamina1 View Post
That's my issue too, my phone is running 2.3 Cyanogenmod. And I can't root my Boyfriend's 2.2 froyo phone because he's afraid I will break it. I'm trying it with emusan's Tibu backups.. but they don't work with the market either.

Either way, there's more to this issue than just the market. I can't even get it to set up an account with google because it thinks its a phone.. even though its connected to wifi it says NO DATA.
How are you trying to set up an account? I've only been able to set up accounts only after Market was installed. It had me go thru the whole process of entering my gmail and password.

Not everything works perfect but its been easier once i had Market up. One problem is Gmail crashes when i try to "Show Pictures". I can read the text and the links are good but can't view embedded pics using Gmail app.
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #86
jamina1
Connoisseur

Smile

AAAAAAAAAH!! OMG! IT worked!

But the market isn't working. BUT I HAVE CALENDAR AND EMAIL YAY! BUT OMG! WOW!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #87
jamina1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
How are you trying to set up an account? I've only been able to set up accounts only after Market was installed. It had me go thru the whole process of entering my gmail and password.

Not everything works perfect but its been easier once i had Market up. One problem is Gmail crashes when i try to "Show Pictures". I can read the text and the links are good but can't view embedded pics using Gmail app.
I was using the Accounts & Sync interface and it would keep erroring out. I just did Emusan's restore and it FINALLY worked ( I tried earlier pulling from Cyanogenmod gapps zip files and also from my phone to no avail ).

No market working for me though, downloads fail. Should I risk the build.prop fix?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #88
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

I am one of those who has successfully downloaded apps from the market with an emulator. (I don't own nor have access to an Android phone that I could pull the apps from.)

This actually was easy.

The downside, so far, is it is cumbersome.

Has anyone tried to backup the files on the virtual phone (the emulator) to the PE in the same way that
has been successfully done with "real phones" and then use Titanium Backup to restore them?

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote