Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
missbrooklyn
missbrooklyn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-600
Can't import library books in reader library

The other day it was working fine, I was able to import the library books in the sony reader library then into my device, only problem was the protected page issue. I went through the forum and still couldn't figure it out. I must have did something because now I can't even import the library books into the sony reader library. The status would say "Add files - completed 0 files" As if it is trying to add the files but was unsuccessful.

I'm not sure what I did that changed this. I had uninstall & installed the sony reader library because I was trying to fix the protected page issue. Now I just went back a step. I checked the "About Reader Library" in the "Help" tab to make sure that my computer is authorized for Adobe DRM protected content. Yup, my email address is there.

Please help....
missbrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #2
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Maybe one of the files you want to import has an defect? Did you try another file or one by one?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
missbrooklyn

No, I don't think the file is defective. I downloaded them from the library. I even randomly borrowed another ebook from the library to see if it will work. I tried adding it one by one and then all at the same time. I don't think it's the format of the books either. I have 2 that is epub and one pdf. Can't add any of those library books on.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I would suggest you make a full reset of the reader to make a fresh start in case there is something in there messing things up.
This really should not happen.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Copied from the MR Wiki:

Hard Reset (PRS-600/900)

WARNING: A HARD RESET WILL ERASE ALL TRANSFERRED CONTENT ON THE READER. IT WILL NOT ERASE THE BUILT-IN DICTIONARY.

1. Power off the Reader.

2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using the stylus, press the RESET button.

3. Turn on the Reader.

4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold down the Page Turn button and the VOL + button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.

5. Touch YES to reset the Reader.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
missbrooklyn

Ok I got my borrowed library books in the reader library and now it's on my device however I am still having the same "protected page" issue. I did as others suggested. I kept all the files as the same format, either epub or pdf. It's still not working.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Your profile says that you have a Sony PRS-600. Is that still the case? The 600 can't have both library EPUBs and library PDFs on the ereader at the same time. You will get a protected page error. To completely get rid of the error you have to delete all library books from your ereader AND all library books from your hard-drive. Then redownload only one file format from your library website and then transfer to your ereader.

For some reason, unless you delete the library books from your hard-drive AND redownload just one file format from the library, you can still get the protected page error even if you have go back to just one file format on your ereader.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #8
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
I will not try to understand this "feature".
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote