Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #886
jimbb
jimbb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi guys,

Having a problem adding new fonts:

I placed the fonts in 2 folders I created : /Fonts and CR3/Fonts on the internal memory of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and placed the fonts in however Cool Reader is not finding them.

I restarted, did a force stop as well but still nothing.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks
jimbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #887
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbb View Post
Hi guys,

Having a problem adding new fonts:

I placed the fonts in 2 folders I created : /Fonts and CR3/Fonts on the internal memory of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and placed the fonts in however Cool Reader is not finding them.

I restarted, did a force stop as well but still nothing.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks
I have my fonts in .cr3/fonts on my Nexus 7 and CoolReader finds them with no problem. I do remember an old restriction that may still be valid, and that is that the font names must all end in ".ttf" and never in ".TTF" ???
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #888
jimbb
jimbb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I have my fonts in .cr3/fonts on my Nexus 7 and CoolReader finds them with no problem. I do remember an old restriction that may still be valid, and that is that the font names must all end in ".ttf" and never in ".TTF" ???
Just tried change my folder from cr3 to .cr3 but i dont see the dot. could that be the issue?

and my font is .ttf and not caps.

Just to note, the font is: IowanOldStyleBTRoman.ttf
Basically the font from ibooks on the ipad.
jimbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:45 AM   #889
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbb View Post
Just tried change my folder from cr3 to .cr3 but i dont see the dot. could that be the issue?

and my font is .ttf and not caps.

Just to note, the font is: IowanOldStyleBTRoman.ttf
Basically the font from ibooks on the ipad.
Buggins has written that the cr3 folder can be ".cr3" or "cr3". The "." just makes it invisible in the Linux file system. I have mine as ".cr3" simply because I have never changed it from when I understood it to be a requirement.
I'm sorry, but I can not think of another reason why CoolReader is not finding your fonts. If I think of anything I will post again.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #890
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Try "fonts" (no cr3 and all lower case) in the root directory.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #891
sarahzohar88
sarahzohar88 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Yes! Maybe just a genetic I don't know about the fontsize, but that garbage seems like nasty errors in the book itself.
sarahzohar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #892
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I've published new Cool Reader version (Cool Reader GL), with OpenGL based UI on Play Market
Can be used together with old Cool Reader - stores settings and book DB in separate place.
Optimized for big screens.
Better OPDS support.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #893
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
I've published new Cool Reader version (Cool Reader GL), with OpenGL based UI on Play Market
Can be used together with old Cool Reader - stores settings and book DB in separate place.
Optimized for big screens.
Better OPDS support.
Cool Reader would be a fantastic app if it could observe better the original css styles of an epub. Despite of enabling the internal css styles of this book:

http://www.feedbooks.com/book/52.epub

was impossible for me to get seeing the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	744
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	124318

Is there a way to see that in Cool Reader?

Regards
Rubén

Last edited by RbnJrg; 06-18-2014 at 12:46 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #894
brouer
Enthusiast
brouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipedia

Device: Various Android devices
Interesting new version, but it takes over a minute to open a 3 MB O'Reilly epub on my HTC One S.
brouer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #895
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouer View Post
Interesting new version, but it takes over a minute to open a 3 MB O'Reilly epub on my HTC One S.
Performance should be the same. Engine is the same in both versions, only UI code is different.
BTW, reopening of book will be much faster.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #896
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Attachment 124318
Is there a way to see that in Cool Reader?
Current implementation of CSS subset doesn't allow it. But it's planned feature.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #897
brouer
Enthusiast
brouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipedia

Device: Various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Performance should be the same.
Doesn't match what I'm seeing here.
Changing between portrait and landscape (both in single page view) takes three times longer in Open GL version.
brouer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #898
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I'm having a few issues. If I choose to open a book with Cool Reader GL, it opens the app but does not open the chosen book. This happens when opening from Root Explorer and Calibre Companion. When I choose no hyphenation it still hyphenates. Also, is there a choice for justification somewhere? I prefer left justification.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #899
freemanok
freemanok began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy light cell phone
Re: Cool Reader, Newbie

3.1.2-39 version; d/l onto new Samsung Galaxy Light handset ~ July 15, 2014 from Play Store

Problem: Mobi eBooks on SD card open but text is not properly formatted.
The text is broken up w/ a million "<" & ">" signs, ect.

I am having trouble tracking down help since I am not sure how best to describe the problem -- What should I search for? I assume it is a format issue, but which subcategory?

Please advise if there is a link or forum/FAQ section for "newbies" to Android Cool Reader.
TIA

Last edited by freemanok; 07-21-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: more info - clarify
freemanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #900
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
hello guys. I use an onyx t68 with booxtor firmware and i encountered a problem with coolreader: it doesn't remember the settings, none of them which I set up. document internal styles is still enabled, although I opted out, the typeface I choose is not showed, the paragraph formatting is off. everything is forgotten, even the position in the book.
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader