Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Battery Source

After many, many hours the battery is not holding a charge like it should. No store in my "small" town had one. Anyone know of a good source to order from.
Thanks
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dusty View Post
After many, many hours the battery is not holding a charge like it should. No store in my "small" town had one. Anyone know of a good source to order from.
Thanks
I tried to take the back off my 360 to see what kind of battery it used. I found a notch where I could get a fingernail in but was afraid to exert to much pressure lest I break it. So, I guess I can't help.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The cover slides down with a bit of firm pressure.
The reset buton resides next to the battery so it says good things about the PB360 if you've never removed the cover.

Last edited by fjtorres; 02-18-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typo
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
But where can you find a replacement battery? I've looked all over the various "official" Pocketbook sites ... can't find where to purchase one.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Apparently it is only available direct from the manufacturer in China.
It is labeled h503456.
They are quite affordable, US$2-6 depending on volume.
Unfortunately, I think a group buy is probably not in the cards; their minimum order is 1000 units

Still, if anybody wants to look into it:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/33...9_1000mAh.html
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
But where can you find a replacement battery? I've looked all over the various "official" Pocketbook sites ... can't find where to purchase one.
Anyone know?
I'm not 100% sure but as Pocketbook 360 and Cybook Opus are principially the same device (only the form factor and the firmware are different) they probably use the same battery. Bookeen sells it on their site, but it is a little bit expensive. But maybe you can check the specifications and search at other places.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #7
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The cover slides down with a bit of firm pressure.
The reset buton resides next to the battery so it says good things about the PB360 if you've never removed the cover.
Speaking of timely! An hour after I read your message my 360 froze and I had to use the reset button.
The location of the reset switch and how to get at it, at this point in time, is almost serendipitous.
Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #8
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I would try emailing USA customer service.

service@pocketbook-usa.com

Let us know what they say!
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
I did email pocketbook usa and they do have batteries. So I have one on the way.
Can't wait as I can only get about 1,000 pages before I need a recharge.
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
So now, my next question is: How long can you keep and unused battery around before it becomes useless? As in, not use it, but keep it for a spare for the future. Can you seal it up and put it in the freezer/fridge or something?

I ask becaue the PB360 is exACTly what I want for a book reader. Mainly for all the configurable buttons (and other things to change) - and the cover. It reads books. That's all I need/want. But, I don't trust any company to not "improve" and muck up a perfectly good (for me) device. Thus, my want for a battery for future use.

So, can I save a battery for the future without ruining the battery?

Thanks.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #11
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/339

I think this is the same battery that is used for the PB360. Costs around 12 dollars, dont know what the shipping is. Also it seems the connector is possible the right type of connector as well.

I am going to be needing one of these very soon. Since my new replacement PB360 for some reason came with a battery that right from the start didn't charge correctly.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 05-09-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Just wondering if anyone knows of a replacement battery for the pb360 that has a higher amp hour life then the standard battery? in the same form factor.

The original batter is a 1000mAh battery ( h503456 Polymer Lithium Ion Battery ).

It would be nice if when we have to replace the battery if we could get a higher amp hour version to replace the standard battery with to increase the time between charges even more.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:53 AM   #13
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/339

I think this is the same battery that is used for the PB360. Costs around 12 dollars, dont know what the shipping is. Also it seems the connector is possible the right type of connector as well.

I am going to be needing one of these very soon. Since my new replacement PB360 for some reason came with a battery that right from the start didn't charge correctly.
Thought I would update my post. I ended up not getting a replacement battery because the battery fixed itself. LOL no idea how it just started working properly.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:22 AM   #14
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Maybe it is of some interest for European users:

According to this post in the German forum

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...06&postcount=3

Pocketbook Germany is selling replacement batteries now, too. Their price is 15 Euros.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #15
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks for the heads up Billi, this is very good to know!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote