Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
readslow
readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Author Sort Changed in 0.7.19

Just upgraded to 0.7.19. The authors column is now sorted based on first name. I input author name as first name last name and sort to last name first name. I just got this working correctly on my Kindle where listings were sorted by last name under author sort by setting the 'author sort' as author setting in the MOBI output, now it is not sorted correctly in the Calibre browser. Tell me I missed a setting somewhere on Calibre. It only changed after I upgraded.
readslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Dang... same here
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
&^%$*&^

It is amazing how things like this can happen. Four people tested the new sort code, and none of us noticed that author_sort didn't work (along with title).

I have submitted the fix to Kovid. He will decide whether to re-release 0.7.19. In the meantime, there is no problem with going back to .18.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
readslow
readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Personally, I can live with it until it's resolved in a fix. I've never downgraded anyhow so I'm not sure of the process. Do you just run the 0.7.18 msi file and it figures it out???
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've uploaded a fixed build of 0.7.19. For those of you to whom this matters a lot, you can uninstall calibre and redownload and re-install 0.7.19 to get the fix.

(And dont worry, uninstalling wont cause you to lose either books or settings)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

EDIT: The upload will finish in another 10mins, so wait till then.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Mooney works great now
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I do not "own" another single piece of software, commercial, shareware, or freeware, that fixes reported bugs this fast. Thank you, chaley and Kovid!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
readslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I've uploaded a fixed build of 0.7.19. For those of you to whom this matters a lot, you can uninstall calibre and redownload and re-install 0.7.19 to get the fix.

(And dont worry, uninstalling wont cause you to lose either books or settings)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

EDIT: The upload will finish in another 10mins, so wait till then.
Kovid, Sorry if I am a bit overanxious about this, but do I uninstall from control panel? I couldn't find a uninstall option. Don't want to lose all my work.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #9
bridgetostars
bridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with others

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I do not "own" another single piece of software, commercial, shareware, or freeware, that fixes reported bugs this fast. Thank you, chaley and Kovid!
Seconded! I was about to post and be all 'Well, I dunno... it's not happening to me...' but it's because I'd already gotten the fixed version.

bridgetostars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
readslow

What the heck. Just uninstalled from control panel and re-installed. Works like a charm. BTW, the fresh install was much faster than updates. Thanks for the quick fix.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:33 AM   #11
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Thanks to all for quick reports/fixes

Hi All
I find it so great with our timezones, that you folks not only found, but the Calibre team fixed, the bug before I was up this morning to do the upgrade
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote